Wounded in Action

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by HatcherTiger, Sep 21, 2010.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Sticking with the New Orleans theme, I decided to do shrimp po-boys for the MNF game. I dropped my second batch of shrimp in the grease only to have a huge blob of grease land on my left hand. I knew immediately this wasn't going to be one of those little burns you get that you can "shake off". Ran to hose and doused hand with water, then inside for ice. Wife got me to clinic fairly quickly and there was no wait because everyone was getting ready for the game. Ended up with second degree burns with a hand wrapped and packed with that silver cream. Didn't see the end of the game secondary to Lortab. That is some of the worst pain I every experienced. Back to doctor today and its not that bad doctor credited getting there quickly and putting the cream on with preventing more skin loss/damage.

Steve, you have any home remedies for burns?

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Man, sorry to hear that but glad you were able to get some speedy first aid. Maybe you should let the wife cook and start doing the laundry.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Glad you're OK. What are you going to do with those leftover Lortabs?

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Rub some dirt on it.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

good lord. that sounds bad! im glad you got immediate medical attention. and those things take a long while to heal. take care of it so it heals properly, and make the mrs do the cooking in the interim. or better yet, get take out!

hope the pain is better soon hatch.

6. HatcherTiger

What leftover Lortab? :hihi:

7. HatcherTiger

I was frying the "shrimps" outdoors on my patio, I will take EVERY opportunity to get outside in the evenings. Also, my wife found out five or six years ago that she is allergic to seafood, something she loved more than any other food her whole life. Any seafood that gets eaten at our house has to be cooked by moi. It feels and looks better today. The worst of it is about the size of a fifty cent piece. I'm going to need more skin there. Thanks for all the kind words.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

vitamin E oil applied topically has always worked magic for the burns I have had.

1 person likes this.
  9. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Hatch, as a fellow male species, that's a helluva story you made up to explain a skin burn on a hand!

P.S. I didn't know you are left handed. :yelwink2:

10. HatcherTiger

Yes, I did, had to have something in my stomach before I took the Lortab. The doctor at the clinic yesterday asked me the same question.