Whitworth-Niswanger~~~~~Coming Back ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Nov 18, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Per Dandydon, Whitworth is, Niswanger may opt to go to lawschool. Anybody heard anything about this ? Glad to see Andrew is returning.

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Isnt Niswanger going to med school, not law school?

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Didn't you see "Animal House" ? Pre-med, pre-law, same thing ! Honestly, I don't know, Dandy's site says law school, it could be med-school. Hopefully it will be a moot point and he returns for 2005.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Niswanger is in the same boat as Mauck last year. He will graduate before next season and wants to go to medical school. He can't go to medical school and play college football at the same time.

I don't know if Niswanger wants to try the NFL like Mauck has done, but he does have a decision to make.

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I have been to medical school. Niswanger if you are reading this, don't be in such a rush. Maybe you feel like you are ready to get on with the rest of your life but 1 year won't make that much of a difference. If you decide to leave, you will never get that year in Tiger Stadium back. Chill out and take some medical courses that will help for medical school.

6. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I am in med school. Stay in undergrad as long as possible!

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Just a couple of years in the NFL at the minimum $350,000 salary would pay for a lot of medical schooling.

See: Tommy Casanova, Billy Cannon, etc.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Saw an interview on the news with Whitworth a couple of nights ago and he said he would wait until the end of the season to look at his options. I hope he comes back but I wouldn't bet one way or the other until he has time to sit down and think about it after the season is over. As far as Niswanger isn't he a 4.0 GPA student? If so Med School will be there when ever he is ready, but playing football for LSU is a once in a lifetime opportunity, stay in school young man.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I think it's safe to say that, given the line's inconsistency this season, returning would be a wise choice.

Odds are very good that the 2005 team will outperform this year's crew, so why not? Oh, and don't give me the 'you can get injured' BS, either.

Not only are very serious injuries on the college level more and more rare these days, but even when they do happen the very talented can still get drafted highly and make some good $$ (Willis McGahee or Jamal Lewis, anyone?)

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm sure he is also considering if he wants to waste an academic year just to play another year of football.

He's one of those really smart guys ... so he may not understand that football is more important! :wink: