What would you rate our recuits?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by j0nathanr0y, Mar 11, 2004.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

How many Starts do these guys deserve? I'm trying to get a feel for how good these guys really are.

Lyle Hitt
    Darry Beckwith
    Clarence Ward
    Chris Hawkins
    Antonio Robinson

Ex. Lyle Hitt*** for star

1 person likes this.
  2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I doubt too many of us have actually seen any of these kids play, so I dont see how we could possibly rank them. Keyes will be great. I have seen him.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hell, the recruiting services are finally just getting around to ranking next years class and most of us base our opinions on their opinions which are based on the HS coaches opinions so how could we possibly have formed our opinions. :grin:

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Saban offered them a scholarship before they played their senior year when we are short on scholarships to give and we just won the National Championship and have the luxury of picking and choosing which recruits we want. That makes me think that every single one of these guys is very talented. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

5. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

both Chris Keys & Antonio Robinson are in the Rivals Top 100 recruits. Steve Korte was also being recruited by Miami among other top schools. Clarence Ward was being recruited by Oklahoma and other top schools.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Robinson ... 4-star, Keys ... 4-star, Ward ... just finished watching film on him ... very, very impressive and he's underrated as well ... even better ... Needs to be on Campbell's Texas 1st Team Dee ... but since he committed to LSU ... forget it ... he's a 4-star, Hitt, Korte & Beckwith ... 3-star, Hawkins, I haven't seen film.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You nailed it right on the perverbial head.

8. islstl

I think Robinson and Keys will end up 5 star in the rankings of the services. It's a good sign that they are both listed in the top 100 of rivals. I think the others are 4 star....with maybe Korte being 3 star since he is listed at the FB position (borderline 4 star).

LSU's recruiting class of 2005 will look almost identical to USC's of 2004. About 20 or so recruited and about 7-8 five star players.

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Do you realize how rare that 7-8 ***** is? While I certainly dont doubt LSU cant reel in that many blue chips, it doesnt exactly happen every year, or 5 years for that matter. And its not like coaches wait for star rankings to come out then start recruituing 5*'s, they are recruiting long before the "experts" rank them. If the FANS are lucky a few of them will be in the top 50 in the nation

10. islstl

Yeah I realize that USC did get 3 of their 5 star recruits from JUCO, so yeah it will be hard to get 7-8 like USC did last year. But don't be surprised if we come close.