What is the one thing you hope to see improved this game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 10, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

That Boutte won't be a distraction to this team again! I don't care if he catches one or 50 passes, he just needs to strap it up, play his hardest, stop the pouting and be a leader for some of the younger WRs, not a major distraction!

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Recognize an obvious offensive game plan. (Of course an effective offensive line would help.).

Perple likes this.
  3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm going to go with o-line.. They can't keep getting blown off the line like they were last week. However, I don't expect Southern's guys are big enough to do it like Florida State did.

northernvatiger likes this.
  4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Stop the crossing routes

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Agreed. Need to see vast improvement there.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The run game. We need to develope our run game. Finishing tackles. We could hardly ever tackle Fla St QB. Boutte back to catching the ball and lastly is the JD we saw in the 4th quarter what he is?

Perple likes this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

O-Line

Perple and Winston1 like this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Sadly, our OL still didn't look dominating and that's not good because Southern was a horrible team. Baskerville was a bright spot because I think our starting new LBs weren't getting it done. As for QB, I think it's clear why Daniels is the starter. Nussmeier's decision making still leaves a lot to be desired. It's like he feels he has to make a great play every down and that's just not realistic. A blowout win was nice, but we still have to improve in a lot of areas, if we want to even finish in the top three in the West.

Hou-duco likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Have to consider who we player but I saw what I was hoping for. JD is for real. Run game is OK but not great however we haven't seen Emery yet. Right now Goodwin is our best option. WR's catch the ball only one drop and Boutte looks like he is getting back to what he was. OL for the most part looks improved. Our secondary is very solid. Not sure about front 7 lot of starters out.

I believe we can win 8 games

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Well, this Saturday is going to be a big step up in competition, so it's imperative we win the trenches on both sides of the ball. My concern is MSU likes the short underneath passes that require the LBs to drop in coverage and I'm not sure our LBs are ready for that challenge. Baskerville was a pleasant surprise this past game and hopefully he can use his experience to help the other young LBs. If we can't stop the underneath passes and tackle better, we could be in for a long night.