Trigger Finger

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 17, 2006.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Hey, I don't fault Clair for being trigger happy. But I just think after his Cowboys prediction fiasco, he should know better. I guess you cannot technically rule out the cowboys super bowl appearance, judging by their play in the first two weeks, a super bowl berth seems unlikely. That would have been an obvious assesment had Clair just wanted until after the game to make the assertion.

It's human nature to see something and jump on it when you think you are right, but for a sports writer to do it twice is naturally going to attract A LOT of attention. First about the cowboys, now about Drew Brees... But what irritated me about his second premature outburst was that Drew Brees is definitely no Aaron Brooks and I would have said that even right after the three turnover thing. I think Brees most certainly verified that he was no Aaron Brooks after he promptly led the Saints to beat the Packers...

2. clair

clair Rockets

I actually see it as a good thing. If a team jumps on LSU 13-0 or if J-Rock struggles early in a game, all I have to do is come on here and say that the team sucks, or that J-Rock sucks, and they will automatically turn it around :hihi:

And for the record, I still do consider Dallas one of the favorites to win it all. People don't realize just how good the Jags really are.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

CAn I have you on record as saying that Bush won't amount to anything, please??? :lol: :lol:

4. clair

clair Rockets

sure thing:

IMO Reggie Bush sucks, and will be a bust!

Edit: Please note that I am a huge Reggie Bush fan, and that isn't my true opinion. :wink:

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

dont forget his news that glavine was out for the season.

6. clair

clair Rockets

yeah... i forgot that...

it's my fault I read it on another board and thought you guys would want to know.

Sorry for trying to help...

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

crazy me, i like true information.

again, when you hear information, you should consider relaying it in the same manner you heard it. like if you hear a rumor, you say "i heard a rumor that x is happening". not "x is happening".

8. clair

clair Rockets

I pretty clearly said I heard it on a message board. I never said it was in print or anything.

If you take every message board thing as 100% fact, that is your own personal ignorance.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

you abolutely did not, you said (your exact words):

man, you are one dishonest fellow.

i didnt. i questioned it. i said "if this is true". to which you responded:

which of us was the one with the ignorance to believe a message board?

10. clair

clair Rockets

and at the time, the link I posted said that he was likely out for the season with a blood clot.

If it smells like a rat, and looks like one, then it must be one.

I mean, I hear a rumor about it that isn't believeable, then see an article about it, saying he will likely be out with a blood clot, it's hard to go against all that.

In that case, yahoo and I both were wrong...