~Tigers Taken in the 1st round NFL Draft~

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lprimo, Nov 29, 2006.

1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Re: Look what Mel Kiper said about our boys.

Thats why I said lately he has been catching clutch passes. You are right, I guess I just cant get that costly fumble, then a second fumble in the end zone against Florida out of my head. I think that really costed us the game because LSU lost their heads and thats when Florida really took the lead. So you are right, its not his hands, I just cant get that out of my head. Lately Doucet has passed up Buster as the number two receiver. I sure hope he comes back, I dont think there has been any talk of him leaving early? Im sure next year he would be a first rounded after a big year.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Nitpicking, but this isn't a catch in the National Football League. He dropped it when he hit the ground.

He's improved mightily this season, as has the entire offense from last year.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Without a doubt! Look at his numbers and it's easy to validate your point:

2006 Stats
    Pass Yds........3278
    Yds/G............273.2
    TD................35
    QB Rating.......108.7

And before the "Look who they played" argument, against USC he was 22 of 45 for 274 yds with 3 td's and no interceptions.

4. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Reggie Bush

2005 Stats USC
    Rushing yds......1740yds
    avg.................8.7yds
    TD..................16
    Receiving.........478yds
    avg................12.9yds
    TD.................2

2006 NFL Stats Saints
    Rushing yds.....331yds
    avg................3yds
    TD.................1
    Receiving........431yds
    TD................0

End of Story.......Bush is 3 times the Talent Quinn is...NFL will eat him alive...

5. LSUTiga

I didn't say he'd go in and immediately have an impact. Just like Reggie Bush, he'll have to learn the game. Bush is developing (from the little I follow NFL and watch the Saints) and his talent will prevail. He's showing more patience and waiting for blocks- he didn't have to do that in the Pac 10, :hihi: and for the last 4 games he's averaging over 4 yards per carry.....not too shabby in the NFL.

There is the transition from one level to the next, some make it easier and quicker than others.

Most importantly, if you want to throw stats make sure you understand them cause his rushing totals are not as high as some would expect to see because he's being used as a decoy a lot, and he is utilized for his receiving skills too so it's far from the end of the story, only the prologue. :thumb:

6. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Are you serious, I'm pointing out that your use of stats, makes no sense. The discussion was about Quinn in the pro's. And you're trying to make a point about his possible NFL success, with college stats. I'm merely showing you stats of Bush.Hoping you'd see that college stats will not translate to NFL success.
    And Bush's run totals are not high, because he's not had success.

7. LSUTiga

And I said:

To make the point that stats don't always tell the story.....so.........yes........I think you are agreeing with me. :hihi:

8. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

I hope JR stays, Im torn...because he'll be holding Matt and Ryan up...but I know he'll only get better..and make us a awesome offensive team.

9. LSUTiga

Since I don't watch much NFL, I do have one question for you. Which quarterbacks in the NFL today didn't have good stats in college.
    I know when Delhomme left UL with all kinds of accolades, my response to people was something along the lines that, "He'd played at UL, consider the competition". Boy was I wrong about him.

10. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Delhomme wasn't rated as a 1st round pick...