The Race Card

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/HurricaneKatrina/story?id=1089382&page=1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9166350/

I am totally disgusted by some of the news stories popping up and others that
    I've heard on tv.
    Racism aint everywhere, part of the MSNBC article is about right if you ask me.

A guy from the National Black Caucus was just saying on tv that its a shame
    that this kind of thing happens to people because of poverty or skin color.

It is some of these black leaders that cry racism about everything, they are
    the real problems for blacks.
    Bill Cosby had it right, It is time blacks quit feeling sorry for themselves and
    quit living in the past.
    Its time for them to look and act respectable, empower themselves and
    discover what America can do for them.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I wish I was surprised. I really do.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

New Orleans is mostly black. The mayor and council is mostly black. The Police force is largely black. Black people are being impacted because of demographics, not because of racism.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I don't see any of those sorry SOBs flying down here to help. Pretty easy to play the race card from the comforts of their home.

As much as I dislike Jackson, he at least came here and is trying to do some good.

5. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I had to change the channel this morning, thoses black caucus sob's have no idea what the hell is going on down here!! One guy practically sounded like he was justifying the freakin looters. I almost blew a gasket!! :angryfire :angry: :cuss: :cuss:

There are white people stranded in NO also. They are just no playing to the cameras.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Unfortunately, this will set race relations back many years. One sees in this situation what one wants to see. Of course the looters and thugs don't represent all minorities and Dennis Hasert doesn't represent "white America". Imho, politics are the basis of many of these comments. Sure doesn't resemble the "coming together" of 9-11 does it?:laflagwav

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The most poignant statement on this topic that I have seen.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The working (please note I didn't say "white") people are not congregated on the street waiting for help because they took it upon themselves to do what was necessary to protect themselves. That's how they got be be "people of means". The unfortunates still seeking relief are wards of the government, totally dependent upon government to do their thinking for them. Most are fine people. They have never learned to be accountable for their own well being. Unless they are led by the hand, fed, sheltered and doctored by public agencies, they have no clue as to what to do. That is what anti-welfare proponents have been saying all along. You are not helping people by giving them all of their basic necessities. As the saying goes: Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he'll eat forever.

9. BigMamou

BigMamou Founding Member

I aree 100%. We create dependant with our current system.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

damn that is an amazing post....bravo! :thumb: