The Power of Internet Message Boards for GOOD!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I read a story recently where an aged Nebraska Cornhusker fan had his lucky hat stolen from him when he attended the Nebraska vs. Penn State game 2 weeks ago at Happy Valley, PA. The aged gentleman had worn the same hat for over 30 years to ball games. Well, his son posted on a Penn State message board about this unfortunate episode and in response the hat was returned by an annonymous Penn State fan who obviously saw the error of his ways.
    In a similar vein, I would like to make a plea for the return of the property of one of our own, Mr. TuWho? The time and date: approximately 2AM in the mid- 1990's. The place: a darkened bar in the Faubourg Marigny. The theft: a green XXL Speedo swimtrunk. The occasion: A celebration of Tulane's last Metro Conference Cannonball Competition. I know it has been several years now, but would the gentleman who stole TuWho?'s speedo please return it? The last description of the thief, was a burly white man with a handlebar moustache, wearing leather chaps and a leather vest...and nothing else. Please return this to TuWho?...no questions asked.
    Thank you. Let's do for TuWho? what the Penn State fans did for the elderly Cornhusker fan.

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Do you have a video...?

:rolleyes:

3. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

TuWho? wouldn't divulge that information for some reason?

I told him I would need that info to pursue the return of the Speedo. He asked that the matter be dropped. I insisted that justice needed to be served on this issue. He then, even more strongly, insisted that the matter not be pursued. I assured him that I would not let the matter rest. That Speedo is a momento of TuWho?'s athletic feats, it should not be some trinket signifying a meaningless conquest on some guy's wall or bedstand!