The Magnitude Of This Alabama Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Gulffella

Gulffella Founding Member

We'll stop when he starts looking into his magical clipboard and waiting for a divine play to emerge other than the jumbo package.

I've already stated how I feel about that we would not be in the position we are right now with your schedule most likely. Course Vandy did stomp USC into the ground and Florida beat Kentucky, Georgia beat Alabama, Tennessee destroyed Georgia and Alabama whooped UT.

Now if Georgia beats Florida does that diminish your victory and if Tennessee beats South Carolina does that give more credence to the bama victory? No thats just football. Your SoS schedule is tougher for sure but in the SEC no one can be overlooked which is why we continually do each other in on the polls.

LSU is the better team on paper and performance, but if this wasn't a relevant game do you suppose you'd even see all these posts on each teams boards, and just because the fact you are the better team do you really expect the opposing team to just wave the white flag before playing the game?

Truthfully at the start of the season I was just hoping it wouldn't be a shutout with a humiliating score. Now I believe the game will be closer.

2. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I just took a look at your schedule and you really do have to be kidding right?

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I just can't agree with this. This game IS more important to win than any of the other the games on the rest of our schedule. The goal is to win the SECW. No matter what, we want to get to the SECC game. Win this one and we can lose one to Ole Miss or Arky and still get there. Lose this one and there is very little chance of getting there.

A shot at the MNC would be a nice goal to pursue, but first and foremost is wrapping up the SECW.

2 people like this.
  4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Ummm no!

The ONLY GOAL is to WIN every game, PERIOD!

You do that every Saturday In and every Saturday Out and the SECC, and the BCS all take care of themself!

You play every GAME no matter WHO the opp. no matter what is at stake for THAT game! Nothing else matters!

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I thought that was part of the ROI?

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

so i guess we pick up our Alabama State Championship Trophy on the 3rd.....:lsup: :geauxtige LSU! :geauxtige :lsup:

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Man gimme some of that stuff your smoking.

If you dont thing this game means a little more then you havnt been paying attention.

Your talking coach speak . Im talking real world and beating Bama mean we have beaten the two teams that are closest in the SEC West race.

1 person likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I couldn't agree more. If you look at the fan bases, this has more to do with Saban being beaten by Miles than it does winning the SECW. Then going to history and remembering how Miles had made jabs at Stoops and OU I wonder if it will continue in BR with Bama being the target now. When you consider his "we have a new rival" speech and hearing him talk about "this is my team" I wonder if the focus will be on the task at hand.

On the other hand, reports out of Bama's practices have the same tone as it did last week vs UT. It's all business. Game preparation for this upcoming game hasn't even begun yet. It's been all about fundamentals.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

No your talking stupid fan speak that means make everything life or death!

If we beat Bama and then drop both games against Ole Miss and Arkansas and Bama wins against Miss ST and Auburn THEY WIN THE SEC WEST!

Yeah this is the MOST important game IF YOUR ASSUMING THE LAST 2 SEC Games are already in the bag!

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

I'm pretty sure that if Bama wins, all we'll have to do is take care of MSU and we will clinch the west no matter what happens with the rest of your schedule....