The Magnitude Of This Alabama Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 23, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Wait a minute. I thought you didn't post about officials. :lol: :thumb:

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I don't, you don't see a linky between this one and the last? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

besides the obvious importance of the game for the goals of each team this year, id imagine there are recruiting implications. if bama wins, itll be easier for him to pick off a few La boys because the perception will be that Bama is on the rise. if clm goes two consecutive seasons with top talent and experience and two losses, some recruits might doubt the NC potential of the program. if LSU wins, La is locked down.

4. alextuscaloosa

alextuscaloosa Founding Member

You do know that Sexton has other clients right?

5. Gulffella

Gulffella Founding Member

hah I was thinking just the opposite, it'll be hard for Alabama to get the calls does the SEC really want to see their NC probable team fade away not have a presence in the NC Game this year. I hope that isn't the case.

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

That is preposterous. There are 4 million reasons why Saban needs to win this game.

No, you are not supposed to win this game, but you would never know it by the statements of bama fans both here and on other sites. The expectation is that you can beat an "exposed LSU team".

The truth is, we have lived up to our expectations so far, and you have exceeded your's. If LSU does as we think they will, and burys you, how much will you have to crow about? What will you fall back on?

1. Enjoy it while it lasts, we were not supposed to win anyway.
    2. Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause Saban is so much better than Miles.
    3. Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause Miles is going to Michigan.
    4. Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause Saban's players are almost gone and Miles can't win without them.
    4. Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause next year we will have better players and our world domination begins again.

Those are direct quotes from countless bama fans throughout the year. You can see them almost anywhere(cept here) on the web or get it from bama fans in person. I have read and heard it all year long. Most fanbases have excuses for their losses(including our own), but you guys seem to purchase them @ Sam's by the pallet.:)

7. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

You haven't lived up to your expectations, Ya'll got surprised by Ky. Bama OTOH has exceeded expectations because of all of the obvious reasons. New staff, new system, still thin at most positions. Should Bama lose this game, all that you will hear from me is, "Congratulations and go get the crystal trophy." Oh yeah, and ............"Wait till next year." :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  8. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Quite wrong. You will be hard pressed to find anyone on this board that thought we could possibly go undefeated this year. Some posters even picked Kentucky as the loss(before the season started and everyone still thought them mediocre). I would say being #3 in every poll at this point in the season is the best any of us hoped for, so yes, we have met expectations.

I already said that...
    Then I commend you for your sportsmanship and will look forward to hearing just exactly that.:)

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Let's see, the only coach in LSU history to beat Auburn, Florida and Bama in one season is CLM. He's one game away from doing it twice in three years. Kentucky is a good team and we took them to the wire. Most LSU fans expected one loss this year. Did most expect it from Kentucky? Of course not. But we've already beaten the teams that had the best shot at beating us. That's called living up to expectations.

10. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I think every football fan in America would agree that of the top pre-season teams we have been the team that has BEST lived up to expectations. Pre-season the general consenses was that we were number 2 in the nation.

After all the upsets and chaos with the top ten, we are at number three and I don't really think there is much separation between number 3 and number 2(BC). I don't think there is much doubt that at some point in the NEAR future we WILL be at least number 2 if not number 1.

I don't really understand why you or anybody else would say we haven't lived up to expectations. I agree we haven't played lately like we did in the first few games. But to expect a team with our schedule to sustain that high level of play, in the SEC, and playing teams in the top 25 every week; I would call that unrealistic expectation.

If we are number 3 in the nation and haven't lived up to expectation you must have thought extremely high of us so, THANK YOU:thumb: .