The Magnitude Of This Alabama Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 23, 2007.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't give a rat's ass about some perceived pissing match between Nick and Les. We need this one to Clinch the West Division and go to the SECCG. We need this one for BCS points, Bama could end up in the top-25 with 10-wins.

1 person likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not me. This LSU team owns the fourth quarter. Our depth has enabled us to be fresh in the fourth quarter, even the quarterback gets a rest regularly. This is a second-half team, getting down in the first half doesn't upset me like it once would have. Crowton and Pellini have consistently shown that they can make halftime adjustments that are effective.

3. Cornbiscuit

Cornbiscuit Founding Member

Again, why must you post stuff like this? Besides, I haven't heard a thing about anybody wanting UA to forfeit this game but you. You haven't been right on any of your innuendos, why further your reputation as a non-credible rumor peddler?

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Geez, so much BS coming from you. This isn't the case. In fact, there is a report from the University completely dispelling what you have been posting.

That's one thing I've been looking at Red, 4th quarter results. Both teams, have been very strong in that period. It very well may end up being who has the ball the last time.

5. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

I hope not. I've almost had a heart attack in the other games like that...I'm sure I will in this game!

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I would love nothing more then for Nick Saban and Les Miles coach our teams for the next 15 years. This would be a fantastic chapter in the history of the SEC. Unfortunately for college fans it is extremely rare for any college coach to stay with one program. At least we have this years game to cherish. I expect this to be a knock down drag out game like no other between our two schools. I suspect when this season ends we at LSU can safely say we have never, ever faced the talent level week after week in one football season schedule. If we win out no one anywhere can deny we are the National Champs. :geauxtige

Side Note: Get ready, the media is gonna hype the hell out of this game. And yes, it will be personnel hype to the core.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

All JPW will have to do is throw it downfield. I can hear the announcers already. JPW goes deep... and that makes the 4th pass interference call against LSU. Wow. Just like the UT at Bama game.

8. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

That's an interesting comment. I've noticed when our defense is really focused we don't get many PI calls. Our entire defensive backfield is well coached with way above average talent. But, if we don't come in with our "A" game then the flags start flying. Why??? Because you have to have 100% focus to hit the receiver at just the right moment to break up the play. Any thing less and mistakes rule the day. Our team must bring 60 minutes. If they do, we win.

9. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Red, I couldn't agree more. I always want to beat Alabama, and this year adding in the SEC and NC implications for LSU makes it even more important.

But for those among us that see it as a Miles/Saban match -
    this may be the only chance to play a team coached by Saban for a while, unless we see ND in a bowl in a few years. Some talk around Memphis is that Saban's agent has been in Chicago several times to meet with some big ND boosters and NBC executives, so that has the rumor mill going. I would think the expense of such a deal would be prohibitive, but with the NBC/ND rating down by half, there may be millions being waived around, you just never know when TV money gets involved.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Our defenders will get NO decisions in this one. ANY slim chance and we will be penalized at BD.
    We will have to come out clicking from the start like the Va Tech game in order to win this game.