The Magnitude Of This Alabama Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 23, 2007.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I was just sitting here thinking about the absolute magnitude of what rides on this game for LSU.

Really the SEC CG considerations are important but it comes down to Bragging rights of Miles versus Saban.

Bama wants this bad for Saban.

LSU wants this bad for Miles.

This first meeting couldnt mean any more . Do we want to lose and see Saban take this Bama team to the SEC CG in his first year. Think of the recruiting consequences.

I know for as long as Saban is at Bama this game will mean alot but this can be the defining game that propels LSU to great heights.

Think of all the important games this year that LSU has been in but they dont even come close to this one.

I have pitts in my stomach just thinking about it.

Of all the years that Bear Bryant screwed Charley Mac LSU deserves this game for all the years of dissapointment .

This is the year we turn the karma and use the force. The force is strong on this years team and i can feel it building in our players.

Les Miles knows how to focus it.

Tigers this is our destiny and it is our time.

I believe in you and i will be using every bit of karma i can muter to help. I will have
    my lucky jersey on. I will not have my in laws anywhere near me.

And i will play the LSU fight Song loud first thing in the morning.

Geaux Tigers

1 person likes this.
  2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Big game or not, the day after we beat them, Saban will just hold a press conference pointing out how many of our players he recruited, regardless of how little he actually coached them.:lol:

3. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Doesn't mean ****... even the best talent filled teams lose if coaching isn't great. Miles is a great coach... and our defeat over Bama in 2 weeks will finally move Miles out from behind Sabans shadow in the eyes of the sports writers. This is Miles' and LSUs' year.

4. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

This is going to be a great game!

Will be the best game atmosphere all year long!

I'm excited about it! I can't wait! I'm glad both teams have a bye week to prepare. Think about it...If BC goes down to VT and THE Ohio St University goes down to Joe Pa, LSU will be #1 heading into Tuscaloosa! Talk about a media frenzy!!!

I love football!

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

I'm with you there, cheif.

One question, if LSU wins, will Nick (I'll always be a Tiger) Saban say he won, since he's been taking credit for LSU's team since he returned to college football?

6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

All of the pressure is on CLM...........ALL OF IT. Bama isn't supposed to win this game, not even supposed to be close. As a fan base, how will ya'll handle it, should Bama pull the monumental upset?

7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I don't know bout that point. It's fun to think so but in reality Miles doesn't have a dog in this fight (against Saban) other than to show he can coach Saban's recruits. It's more about the LSU fans against Saban.

8. TigerN.L.A.

TigerN.L.A. Founding Member

There is a brewing scandal in T-Town.
    Word is now that there are two other players that played in the TN game that should have been suspended.
    Vols want Tide to forfeit game.:po:

9. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

We had 100,000 at our spring game...and I'm sure you guys will bring the whole state of LA.

LSU/UF will be topped!

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's the one thing that concerns me, we have come out flat and haven't owned the first quarter like we did last year. We end up pulling it off, in the end but I've been worried it will catch up to us....again.

After the first quarter of the Kentucky game, I was sick in my stomach and thought it was going to get away from us early.

I also noticed for both the Florida and Auburn games that their teams came out (Even in pregame warmups) fired up and also ran off of the field at half time while we were dragging into the locker room.

I felt we weren't focused last year for our big matchup with UF as well. Throw in the fact that we do struggle on the road, this game has me worried. Please, someone, tell me I'm nutts and my assessment is inaccurate.