THE DOUBLE MODIFIED TOP 10 LIST

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by celkin, Jan 25, 2004.

1. celkin

celkin Founding Member

Modified Top 10 List
    LSU Recruiting-Most likely to least likely to be at LSU next year. Note-22 commits for LSU equals approx 2 of these 10 will end up at LSU.Most likely Big Herm's Jersey will be set aside, leaving 1 Schollie left many recruits to compete for. #2 of the previous top ten list:The X-Man just committed to LSU, leaving a total of 2 Schollies left total.

1 Herman Johnson(OL)5star-High Interest-Rumored to have committed to LSU, Ok still has possibility

2 Jeremy Jones(TE)3star(down to LSU,Auburn,Miss St.)

3 Jay Lucas(RB)3star(High interest in LSU, Medium interest in Florida St.)

4 Tony Bell(LB)4star-Med-Down to 4(Auburn,Georgia,LSU,Tenn)

4 Lavelle Hawkins(WR)4star-High-Down to Miami(High)&LSU(High), but NO offer from Miami on Insiders, rumor there is an offer from Miami on Rivals

5 Calvin Darity(OL)4star(Medium interest in Flor St,Nebraska,North Carolina,Tenn,LSU)

6 James Bryant(LB)4star(Medium interest in LSU,Florida,Miami,Ohio St,Pittsburg)Brother plays for pittsburg

7 Brandon Braxton(OL)3star(Medium interest in LSU,Georgia,Miami,Oklahoma, but no visit to LSU)

8 Jordan Reever(QB)-3star-High interest in LSU(Med Interest in Maryland,Syracuse,BYU,Arizona)

9Jae Thaxton(LB)3star-Medium interest in LSU,Florida St,Notre Dame,Georgia

10 George Timmons(CB/WR)3star(Medium interest in LSU,Miami,North Carolina,South Carolina)

OTHER RECRUITS

Darryl Richard(DT)4star(Medium interest in Colorado,Miami,LSU,Notre Dame,Georgia Tech)
    Dion Gales(DT)3star(Medium Interest in LSU,Miami,Ole Miss,Illinois,Michigan St)
    Darius Reynaud(WR)3star(Medium interest in LSU,Indiana,Michigan St,West Virginia)
    Christopher Forbes(CB/QB)3star(Medium interest in Florida St,Miami,LSU)
    Tyler Benoit(RB)3star(Medium interest in LSU,Florida St,Michigan St)
    Desmond Williams(LB)3star(Medium interest in LSU,Arizona St,Arizona,Arkansas,Texas A&M)
    Barry Wright(LB)3star

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Darryl Richard has eliminated LSU, FYI.

3. celkin

celkin Founding Member

Yeah, i figured that, that's why i took him off the top 10 and put him in the other recruit area, but i wasn't 100% positive so i left on the possible, but not likely list

4. celkin

celkin Founding Member

Besides Big Herm, anyone know who's more likely between Jeremy Jones and Jay Lucas and when they're thinking about announcing.

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I think they try and figure out a way to get them both in, if at all possible

6. celkin

celkin Founding Member

I know everyone's waiting on Hill situation, but right NOW, not including Hill situation, do we have 2 or 3 Schollies left. I thought 2, but i may be wrong.

7. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

It may be in Lucas' best interest to be a greyshirt because of our running back depth. That way, he counts toward next year's scholarships and gets a full spring and summer in the program. Plus, he can focus more on classes in the early going and potentially be ahead of schedule to graduate down the line. Plus, he can even redshirt in 2005 as well and be a full 3 years of eligibility behind the current freshmen phenoms (JV, Alley, and Edwards).

8. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Lucas is a practically a lock for LSU. I would imagine Jones will come too but Lucas said he's 90% sure he is going to LSU. I don't know when either will announce.

9. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

Jones is said to be signing with LSU with intentions of sitting out next year to rehad his knee, then be part of the 2005 class "Grey Shirt".

I've also heard Lucas is not going to qualify if I'm not mistaken...

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jemery Jones will not count towards this year from what I read. He has some kind of injury that will allow LSU to count him towards 2005