The coaching staff lost the Arky game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 14, 2021.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

And by coaching staff, I am referring to Peetz and Orgeron. Is Nussmeier ready? No. But at least put him in a position to succeed.
    And why call trick plays? Getting cute on offense cost us this game.
    For the second consecutive week, the defense played well enough to win.
    Can't wait for 2022.

LSU_4_LIFE and TCUTiger like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

if you told me that Mac would play 2 series and be done then I would have thought injury.

I haven’t read any post game interviews yet and and am wondering…..

if 5 was good enough to through out of his own end zone in a tie game then why wasn’t he good enough to play at bama? Still hard for me to believe the first convo about burning the red shirt just took place….

puzzling

Winston1 likes this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Couldn't agree more. Clearly Peetz is not ready to be an OC and O has checked out. The trick plays cost us dearly. LSU should have won this game easily, but that fumble and horrible interception in the end zone doomed our chances!

TCUTiger likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It was all laid out on Ed’s 3-ring circus....errr I mean binder. Seriously while you can put much of this onto the minute to minute decisions or lack thereof; I think it’s more on the lack of ability to develop talent on the offensive side particularly at QB. Neither MJ nor Nussmeier have made progress in specific skills required to play at a high level. Of course Nussmeier has an excuse of not playing but we see backups play at higher skill levels in other programs.
    I have to give props to Daronté Jones and the defensive coaches. The defense and just about all of the players on that side have shown progress both individually and as a unit over the course of the year. I feel sorry for that group and wouldn’t mind seeing them retained by the new HC.
    So yes the coaches lost the game last night but on the offensive side it was a year long process.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Redshirt still in tact right?

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I think so, but he can't play anymore. Which brings up an interesting scenario should MJ get hurt will they burn the redshirt? Of course since I don't think we've run a designed QB keeper all year there's a good chance that won't happen.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Orgeron missed badly with Peetz & Mangus. Daronté Jones Is turning out to be a good DC hire, unfortunately we have had to be his OTJ training place. The new DL and LB coaches also seem to be solid hires. I am unsure of the new OL coach.

northernvatiger and Winston1 like this.
  8. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I read some where where Nuss and his Dad wanted him to get some playing time and didn't mind losing the red shirt.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

When I heard that daddy called the coaches about his son not playing, I thought that was uncalled for. I understand his dad is an assistant coach with Cowboys, but his son is a young man that needs to be treated like everyone else. I thought Max deserved to be put back in the game! Daddy calling coaches is what I would expect in middle school, not at a top level Division I football program.

LSU_4_LIFE, APPTiger and HalloweenRun like this.
  10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Did it occur to you that perhaps our coach gave him the OK to call when he felt it was necessary. I can't imagine him calling otherwise.

Hou-duco and Winston1 like this.