The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think I’d prefer Grimes, but I’m ok with Herman. Aranda is a tier 1 for me, probably my top choice. A ton of folks are saying Riley is happening, which would be impressive, but I’m concerned he’s somewhat fools gold.

I think I’d actually consider Riley tier 2. I think I’d prefer Campbell, who has actually built something from scratch. Riley has just maintained and I think his offensive prowess is overrated.

If Woodward pulls Riley I question his intelligence (I guess he has masters to serve); not that he’s stupid, just that he may not be making the best possible choice, instead going after the sparkly bangle.

tigerace likes this.
  2. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

You and I are on the same page for both your thoughts about Aranda and Riley and Campbell. I think Riley's offensive prowess is overrated and hiring him requires a very strong DC hire, IMO. I really like Campbell, I'm not too sure what is not to like about him and what he has/is doing at Iowa St? Seems to be able to build it with less. I'm not sure a 96 million dollar deal with Riley is any type of guarantee for success and I'm not sure he's worth that at all

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The Tom Herman part of this sounds like echo's of ghosts-of-coaching-searches past BS. Tom and Dave have never coached together that I know of. If Tom Herman was knowingly in the deal we would know. As we found out last time around Tom's agent is OK with leaking information to push his agenda.

tigerace likes this.
  4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Aranda is my #1 (with or without Herman), and if this actually happened, I'd say it would be about as big of a homerun as you could hope for.

5. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

And it looks like Aranda is staying at Baylor according to Ross Dellinger.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Well that sucks. We sure are making a lot of guys get extra money for doing nothing extra.
    Coach Napier COME ON DOWN!! Lets make a deal!!

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Dominos are falling. It’s going to be Napier.

8. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I try to take all these reports with a grain of salt. If it’s true Aranda is staying at Baylor that leaves Napier and Campbell for the most part with a long shot of Riley. No one really Knows what’s happening behind the scenes but this is getting uncomfortable now

65Grad likes this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I think published reports that Tucker and Aranda are being given deals to stay are essentially the schools saying keep your hands off our coach. I would have thought OK would have done the same for Riley. I'm not saying anything other than its interesting.

I think we will end up with Napier; hopefully before Florida gets ahead of us.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I believe they were roommates and GAs together.