The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My coahing connectios are telling they don't think we will be able to lure Franklin or Riley even if we wanted them. Telling me we couldn't out bid for either. They are thinking more that the Cinncinati coach might be in play and possible a top pro coordinator is also in play. They also think Aranda is in play. They don't think we could lure the Iowa coach either.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

LSU has deep pockets and I think your friends might be in the dark there. Who do they think we would be outbidding, USC?
    Iowa is Kirk Ferentz..he's not going anywhere, Matt Campbell is the Iowa State guy, however.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Surprised Kalani Sitake's name has not come up.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Exactly, O currently makes more than both Franklin and Riley. If we go after them and miss, I doubt it’s because of money.

Perple and mctiger like this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

We could afford anyone not making $8.9M per year. Double most coaching salaries in America.

The "My wife likes our son's private school" type stuff is BS Were talking millions, not just a minor upgrade in pay. It's always about the money.

So far, no activity to indicate O has been fired.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Penn State's pockets are deeper and Riley is not leaving Oklahoma. Not saying what I am being told just passing it on. However I do agree with them that Franklin is probably not available to us. As far as Matt Campbell he turned down a $65.5 million dollar offer from the Detroit Lions you think he wants to involved in this shit show at LSU?

Aranda, Dykes, Chadwell and a NFL coordinator is my guess right now. Possible Luke Fichell.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Penn State would open their much bigger wallet.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Well, if Franklin and his agent have half a brain he is in for a nice payday. USC is coming for him as well.

No active coach is going to let it be known that he is interested in making a move at this point in the season. I wouldn’t buy into any info coming out in October.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just their opinion I would have no problem if he turns out to be our coach. We better open the wallet wide. My choice would be someone with more SEC states connections and Texas connections. Fertile recruiting grounds. Dykes fits that bill and Aranda does too to a lesser extent.

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I’m afraid it’s going to be Aranda. If so it would indicate to me we have another AD choosing the cheapest most expedient route to pleasing the unwashed masses .
    ‘You see! He was here in 2019! . All is well folks !!! Now about raising those season tix prices . The time has come we unfortunately ......’