The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Exactly. Reminds me of the SEC Storied special on Saban at LSU. “Build a fence around the state” and voila…that was the #1 appeal for Nick coming (that and green, of course).

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My close friend who knows Napier well just texted me and said he is not talking anyone about this or anything right now. Tells me he is at least in the discussion.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Lsu will NEVER take Hand Me Downs from Boudin U across the river

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Even if he had great coordinators he was gonna burn this thing to the ground. You always find the right head guy.

Why? Look at Brian Kelly. He was the right guy. He lost his team. Lost his locker room. Lost his fan base. Lost his administration. Made the right hires and changed and he's had a second half of a GREAT career at Notre Dame. He's done better there than anyone has any business doing imo.

ND should be Nebraska, Tennessee, Miami, FSU etc right now. Imo.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Come on now even Saban coached at lesser places than Boudin U. At least they are winning there and I wish we had their OL and running game. Besides let's not bring my favorite snack into the coaching discussion. Leave boudin alone, hee hee.

Don Castavez and shane0911 like this.
  6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Not Urban -- He likes them young and blonde too
    Not Kiffin - Get your pop corn ready. Nothing else to be said.
    Not O'brien - Was his success in Houston in making it to the playoffs due to the division he was in?
    Not Sarkisian - Will his inner demon return if he has any success?
    Not Stoops -- Remember "Big Game Bob"?

tirk, Hou-duco and tzanghi like this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Napier is a solid guy. But I have seen solid guys go big and struggle. More struggle than succeed especially on a level LSU wants. Wouldn't hate it if it was Napier but would rather have a proven P5 winner.
    BTW- Napier gets a chance to win his second game ever against App State Tuesday night on ESPN 2. If your "across the river" with nothing to do Tuesday night, go to the game. It should be a good one.

Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It has to be a culture fit.

We have 10x the talent KU has and we couldn’t get up to play them. We should be able to run scripted plays and beat their ass with our talent.

Saban built a culture more than he knows schemes. He hires guys for the scheme and instills a ruthless culture.

That is the key.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I agree about Saban’s culture. But I also think he is a brilliant football mind. He knows the ins and outs of the RPO game even though he’s a defensive guy. He’s not the best offensive mind, but he took the time to learn offense while he had the best guys under him, and it’s made him all the better. O didn’t seem to take anything from Brady while he was here. Saban’s also the best defensive mind in the game, save maybe for Kirby. Saban is the Warren Buffett of college football. Will never be another.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I just mean Saban ain’t calling plays.