The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He actually met with the 10 that showed up this morning. Prolly spoke for 2 minutes. Formality.
    Saban stuck it to us on Christmas
    if he was on cruise control he would a stayed with his playoff team and not uprooted to the hardest conference in football.

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

A fact I'll never forget.

tirk likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

After, baw. Before, focused like a laser.

I want a guy that wont get all institutionalized by the traditional LSU politics.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Oh I get that. I don't think he will.. He could have cruised at ND and retired from there. He wanted something more and knew this was a shot at it. The fact that he had that hunger is what I like, and while I don't know for sure, it just seems he's got a much better work ethic than that. He wants the competition. He wants to go head to head with Saban, Fisher, Kiffen, etc. every year. That says a lot about him in my eyes.

I hope it works out like that because this could be really special if it does.

LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Like I said, I hope so too. But worries me is the one amd done to start the mess all over again. He was never winning a NC at ND of everybody is honest with themselves. Now that he's here and if he does, which we have proved almost any moron can do, does that cross off his bucketlist and he mails it in after or jump ship for nfl.

#longgame

Swerved likes this.
  6. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

He's only 60 and just signed a 10 year deal paying 9.5 mil a year. I foresee him not being in any hurry to leave. I don't see him being a one and done type of coach. His personality seems to be a one and, when's the next one, type of coach. He knew he could not get one at ND so it was time to move on and he moved on to more challenging waters.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Swerved and TigerFan90 like this.
  7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

MobileBengal likes this.
  9. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I see Kelly is going to keep Marucci. Anyone know who Kelly's Strength and Conditioning coach is? Maybe we can take up a Go Fund me for the guy to come along? I know Moffit has been a long time gripe of LSU fans, getting Kelly and losing Moffit seems like a win-win.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

If he wanted to be a one and done type guy he would have gone for the easiest path to the playoffs. Which means he would have called USC long before Riley ever had a chance to say yes. And they would have jumped on him because they are more desperate for stability and culture change than we are.

Actually, the more I think about this hire the better I like it.

StaceyO, Swerved and LSU_4_LIFE like this.