The 12th Amendment Could Keep Trump in the White House

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Merry Christmas

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Any answer would require more words. The way I head it was it's up to the vice president to certify the results of the electoral college. If Pence refuses to certify the results then it becomes the responsibility of the house of representatives to elect the president.

BUT, each state only gets one vote instead of the full house voting. Although Democrats have the majority in membership there are more states with a Republican majority than states with a Democratic majority.

This method has been used twice. Once to elect Thomas Jefferson over Aaron Burr in 1804 and I forget the other time

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’m pretty sure it was in 1876 when a deal was reached to end reconstruction and elect Rutherford B Hayes. I believe in that case there were multiple states that sent two slates of electors. The deal was to determine which set to accept.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The 12th amendment says that the president and vice president will be elected separately. I had forgotten that. Yet when I went to vote there was no separate option to vote for between Mike Pence and Kamala Harris.

If the election had been legitimate, and it wasn't, and Biden had legitimately won, which he didn't, and there had been the option to vote separately Pence would have beaten Harris in a landslide

shane0911 likes this.
  7. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

John Quincy Adams over Andrew Jackson in the 1824 election

Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

BB, how much are you willing to bet that actually happens?

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-pence-confirm-biden-then-140043170.html

Mr Pence, as vice-president, must announce Mr Biden’s win - and his own loss - in the session of Congress, in what will be an uncomfortable scene for both him and Mr Trump, who continues to deny defeat

It comes after the electoral college confirmed Mr Biden as the election winner on Monday, in what was a further blow for Mr Trump, and another step towards officially affirming the results of the 2020 race, which Mr Biden won.

Mr Pence will want to avoid the same criticism thrown at the Republican senate leader Mitch McConnell this week, after he congratulated Mr Biden and Kamala Harris on becoming president-elect and vice-president elect on Tuesday.

:cool: shame on the liar, donald trump

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    KyleK likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think Pence will actually do it. I only became aware that it is a possibility yesterday. If it was up to me I would refuse to certify the fraudulent results of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Georgia. Put it this way. If a politician you didn't like but had put American interests first over foreign interests, had done many good things and opposed some of the same things you are against fought tooth and nail to prevent somebody who would bring an end to the constitutional rights wee are guaranteed (insert your favorite despot here: Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot) would you support his fight to retain your freedoms?

For all I know Pence might want for Biden to take office leading Kamala Harris takes power when Biden inevitably dies or becomes a drooling ward of the state. They will fuck things up so bad that Pence would would win a landslide in 2024, That is if Big Tech and the MSN don't do everything to destroy and discredit him the way they have done to Trump for the last 4 years

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

there was no massive fraud, the election was not rigged, biden won fair and square,.. trump only cares about his own self-interest, he's a lying fraud dressed up in an uncle sam costume, hoodwinking people, saying exactly what his supporters want to hear, ya know like a conman does

If/when the dims fuck things up, maybe a true patriot will appear and lead us

HalloweenRun and Winston1 like this.