That a*hole just pardoned Joe Arpaio

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Aug 25, 2017.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Excellent post. It's possible to have the most heated disagreements without name-calling and insults.

kcal likes this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And something else, you dullard. That statement in and of itself PROVES your dishonestly. Why? Because it was quite obvious to ANYBODY with a bit of integrity even before his election that Donald Trump was the most dishonest creature that ever came down the pike. You didn't have to take the word of Democrats, you only had to consult the fact check sites, all of which ranked him off the charts in bullshit and dishonesty, just as I described. So why on earth would you EXPECT more honesty from Trump supporters when they excused away and defended his many lies and his gutter trash personality? That's easy to answer: because you HAVE no integrity.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I don't play victim, and, like I said, I'm not here to win any fans. I'm not here to win over anybody to my side, either, because I know better than to think that stubborn haters could ever be swayed by words on a page. I AM HERE to vent and to criticize, to call a spade a spade, to ridicule people who deserve ridicule, and to show that right wing haters are not the only ones who can play the attack game.

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That's an indictment of this board, not any point in Winston's favor. Look two posts of mine up... I explain why he lacks basic integrity, contrary to your claims.

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Bringing up Clinton or Obama in defense of Trump is certainly valid when liberals were previously ignoring the same things done/said by those two.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

You can't justify bad by pointing out what other people did. That is parenting 101. Obviously not political debate 101.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Atencio was not "defensible" by any means. I simply pointed out that a larger unrecognized issue was his mental illness. Medical personnel have to be more involved and the nurse he came into contact with was a major idiot by allowing him to continue his processing. Not only that but he was a vet. They should be identified immediately and assessed for combat-related issues.

Give me even ONE example where I have defended Arpaio. I have not. What I have done is stick to the facts and said I am not up in arms over an issue that I view as a state issue.....a state in which I don't reside.

I also did NOT say that Trump's pardon was acceptable. I said it was political, like most others and of course it's legal. What I also said was that Arpaio was pardoned from a sentence that was tantamount to a misdemeanor. Those are facts. Unemotional, straight up facts. I'm just not that worked up over the issue. Are you somehow suggesting that because his sheriffs are often goons that he shouldn't be pardoned for something else? That's not how our judicial system works.

What I get worked up over are all the DUI deaths and theft of government services at the hands of illegals in CA who can pretty much claim the entire state as a sanctuary thanks to Obama and Moonbeam. Better or worse, it's where I live. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about Arizona or Maricopa County.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

To be silent when one person does wrong but criticize another for the same thing is what we call hypocrisy.

9. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

And I didn't say I was "justifying" anything. Did say "defend", but more correct to say I would point out when some things were ignored or even praised by the left but are now harshly condemned.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

And double standard.

LSUfan71 likes this.