Tell me Everything about Marcus Spears

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dyluke, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Dyluke

Dyluke Freshman

Hey guys, Dallas Cowboys fan here. As alot of you probably know, Spears was drafted by the Cowboys yesterday with the 20th pick in the NFL draft. I've read all his scouting reports and bios, but wanted to get a perspective from the fans :) Both Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells have been raving about this guy since he was drafted, and Parcells called him the key to their entire draft! Any inside info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :thumb:

2. clair

clair Rockets

I am also a LSU Cowboy! I LOVE the Cowboys, always have and always will!

Grew up liking them as a kid, with Aikman, Emmit, Irvin, and my favorite Alvin Harper!

OKay, well with Spears, we are getting a stud....

He is unselfish, he is a leader, he is strong, and he is clutch! (a lot of sacks in big spots)

The thing you will notice 1st is the leadership though!

Marcus is a great kid, and will help our boys back to the top in no time

3. BB

BB Founding Member

My LSU goggles aside, Spears is a monster.

Extremely dedicated, hard worker.

Student of the game. Excellent "Football Intelligence."

Delightful person, will be a terrific credit to the Cowboys organization in the Dallas community and in the national media.

Spears knows who he is and where he is - he will do what it takes to improve.

Spears knows how to lead and how to follow.

Personally, I think Parcells and Spears are going to hit it off immediately and I think Dallas will be quite fond of Spears by the end of his rookie season.

What a great football player. Congrats...

4. clair

clair Rockets

More on the leadership:

He stayed as a SR, not to improve, but to make a legacy:

He said he wanted to see how to be a captain of a defense, because he had Bradie James, Trev Faulk, Marquise Hill, Lavalais to play under, so he said he wanted to challenge himself to continue this, to make his own legacy as a leader!

He will be something else

5. Dyluke

Dyluke Freshman

The more I read about the guy, the more i love him! Sounds like he still has some upside to him, and Parcells loves those big DE's!

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

a great person who believes in god/family first which usually says a lot of someone's character. he is definitely a character individual.

that being said, it seems Dallas got the two best guys at their position. DeMarcus Ware was the guy from Troy (st) disrupting our backfield.

Not to mention Kevin Burnett from Tennessee at OLB. I think he's another excellent player. I hate dallas and always have but with peterman and spears there I may find it in my heart to secretly hope they do well.

That defense could be lights out. I pity Eli twice a year.

this is old school parcells with the 3-4 LT and leonard marshall days.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just a tidbit on him.. Spears has been best friends with Michael Clayton, current Bucaneers WR, since early childhood. Clayton had an excellent rookie season last year and I'd expect to see the same out of Spears. Clayton was at Spears' side yesterday during the draft. Both young men are champions on the field and in life.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

The thing I will always remember about Marcus is his family's support. Who could ever forget the "Spears' Mom" shirts? His family was very supportive and they're really great people, REALLY great. Marcus is very well spoken and articulate, and his numbers really speak for themselves. With so many more LSU players being tossed into action in the NFL, I find myself becoming more, and more drawn to a level of the game that I previously disliked. College sports have been, and always will be my first love, but the character of guys coming through LSU is something that I'm really proud of! :geauxtige

9. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Spears lined up at DE, DT and LB.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

You have to love the pair that is Marcus Spears and Michael Clayton. I wish they had gone to the same team. All you ever hear about these days is the selfishness of athletes and how people from the black community (especially athletes) tend to have a more selfish and individualistic mindset. These guys were all about team and were class acts.