Strange seeing transfers still playing for team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 24, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I also wish he never left, but I also don't want to be the guy to follow him either! Can you imagine the pressure that poor guy is going to feel if he doesn't get into the playoffs every year? Alabama fans are used to winning big every year, so the first sign that things aren't going right, he'll be gone! Of course, making about 15M a year and having a huge buyout will attract a lot of candidates I'm sure! I wonder if Mike Shula would be interested in coming back...wishful thinking!

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Honest question: Do you think Saban would've been as successful at LSU as he has been at Bama, or has being at Bama helped Saban immensely?

Bama always gets the benefit of the doubt. LSU does not.

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think Saban would have been very successful had he stayed, but I'm not sure to the level that he has been at Alabama. As someone who lives in Alabama, those fans are rabid and on another level. LSU has some crazies too, but not to the level of those fans. Alabama fans want to win at all cost. As a result, Saban can do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants and they don't care...as long as he wins. With that being sad, they are so spoiled that if he starts losing some games, including a couple to rival Auburn, those same rabid fans will be ready to also load up the moving vans quickly and personally drive him out of town. Like I said, as long as he wins, he will continue to be treated like royalty. Now let the program starting heading downward, a mutiny will occur and he will shown the door real fast. Until you live among them, it's hard to understand the level of insanity that exists among a large portion of their fanbase!

StaceyO likes this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Its not hard to understand. Its all they have outside of Talladega.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well there’s the redneck riviera

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Inbreeders dont tan well.

LSUpride123 and Winston1 like this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

This sort of explains everything. In 1989, Bill Curry led Alabama to a 10-2 record, 1st in the SEC and a berth in the Sugar Bowl. For his efforts, he had a brick thrown through his office window and was fired! Why? He was 0-3 against Auburn! They're a different breed down here!

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I don't live there but I have to agree. The Iron Bowl is the most intense rivalry game ever at the fan level. More than Texas/OU or Texas/Faggie used to be or Ohio/Michigan in the 70s with Bo and Woody. I think only the Bear could have survived the 72 'Punt Bama Punt' game - Of course he went on to win the rest of the decade.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Saban would have been as successful or more so here. He had it rolling when he left; those '05, '06, '07 teams were maybe the best 3 teams in a row LSU has ever had. I guarantee he would have won 2 titles in that stretch. Then consider not having to play his Alabama teams after that, I think there's no question he would have won as many or more at LSU.

10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

There is no doubt saban is a great coach. But he looks the other way when the cash is being handed out so he is a success. You and i know if they wernt cheating at a level unknown in college football they wouldnt be getting the recruits like they are.

These kids have become whores and low charachter kids who sell their souls.

I donnt enjoy it as much when i see these whores playing for themselves and not a team game.

I see it in the pros, college, high school.

It is not the game it used to be.

HalloweenRun likes this.