South Dakota/Minnesota Political Update

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

TuWho? asked, nay begged for some real hard-hitting political analysis to get his new endeavor some semblance of legitimacy before it all could possibly be lost should either TNT show up or Tigermaul explode on the scene with his Rasmussen polls. Naturally, my first response was "that will be $499.99" as all others pay for my carefully gleaned political news. Then, TuWho? offered me total deleting privileges, and I acquiesced.
    Anyway, on to the sizzling news from South Dakota and Minnesota. Both Senate races are dead ties. The latest poll in Minnesota has Coleman and Wellstone both in the low to mid 40's. In South Dakota, it is the same. However, in South Dakota Thune just received the endorsement of the civil rights group the NRA, and no polling has been released since that endorsement. People in South Dakota are long-time supporters of the civil rights of self-protection and hunting and fishing. Therefore, Thune supports of that civil right and Johnson's anti-civil rights stance will be a key in this race. In Minnesota, Wellstone is promising to "fight" if re-elected. Coleman's rhetoric is pretty much that Welstone has been "fighting" for 12 years and hasn't done squat. Here is a tidbit, you can only get for your $499.95, the Democratic Mayor of East Grand Forks commented that if he wants something done, he goes to the North Dakota Senators (Both Democrats and whores). There is much truth to the Mayor's statements. Dorgan and Conrad will do anything, vote anyway, side with anyone to deliver for North Dakota (and neighboring Minnesota) while Wellstone fights windmills.
    But the real hot race in this region is for Governor. Jesse Ventura's Independence Party nominated former Congressman Tim Penny. The Republicans nominated some young state house member and the Democrats nominated some fat piece of crap who was Senate Majority Leader who loves bad teachers, fags, recent immigrants and public sector labor unions. The Star-Tribune is in a bind. They will campaign for Moe with each article published. But there problems is dividing their attacks on Penny and Pawlenty (the R). It is much easier to use the 1st Ad. right to slander one candidate to support the most liberal candidate, than it is two. The early polls show Penny in the lead with Pawlenty and Moe tied. I still predict it will come down to a Penny vs. Moe race. Penny and Pawlenty will split the average and above-average intelligence vote and Moe has his constiutents all to his own.

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

When do we get the...

woman's hoops recruiting newsletter....?