So happy Jimbo is staying in Texas!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 15, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I have never understood the fascination with Fisher and I consider him one of the most overrated coaches in college football. He has one NC and that was with a criminal at QB and that's it! He struggled in the ACC and ran FSU into the ground! Why Woodward gave him a guaranteed contract is beyond ridiculous! The guy's a joke and is nothing more than a fasting talking, loud mouth that even has many Aggie fans ready to dump him. Now Jimbo has lost to MSU, UM and Arkansas this season, all considered middle of the pack SEC schools at best! I know they beat Alabama, but we all get lucky every once in a while! Please Aggies keep him as long as you would like!

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Maybe Woodward signed Jimbo to that huge contract because he know he was coming to LSU and wanted to load the loser of n the faggies. They wouldn’t know any better and would be dazzled by the fool’s gold.

CagedTiger likes this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Woodward went after Jimbo because the money backers at A&M wanted a big name HC who had won a natty. There are only a few of those out there and no way in hell were they getting Saban, Meyer, or Dabo. We had just fired Les. It would not have sit well with them to hire former UT coach Mack Brown. Hiring Fisher was all about soothing the Aggies fragile egos.

kluke and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Probably but I like my guess better

rockwallfan and Hou-duco like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he and jimbo are friends. thats mostly why hes so hung up on him.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The problem with hiring your friend is that one day you may have to fire him. The second's a lot harder to do.

tzanghi likes this.
  7. msully

msully Founding Member

Where LSU IN THE SEC WEST ?

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I think this friend sheet is being greatly oversold. Same as the big fish stuff. Lassies wanted Dumbo at all cost (outbid us, TFG) and Petersen was still just a successful G5 coach. Beyond that, who are the "proven championship" coaches? Willingham, LMAO...

Just more talking head media hype b/c they dont have anymore info than we do.

CagedTiger likes this.
  9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think the only "proven" coach is Saban and he's not coming our way. Woodward has a huge decision to make because this is what he will be remembered for, period! I know he got two "great hires" in women's BB and baseball, but an AD's legacy is what happens in football. It doesn't seem like Woodward is the type to go with a wildcard, but you're right that they're aren't many, if any, proven big time coaches out there. It's going to be an interesting next few weeks for sure!

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  10. Perple

Perple Founding Member