Saban's comments at today's press conference

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Sep 22, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Saban does what any good coach does...make his next opponent appear to better than the 2001 hurricanes

u would think LSU was playing a sugar bow caliber teaml with these comments

"Mississippi State is a team that certainly needs to be respected. Their offensive team has put up almost 33 points a game and over 450 yards of offense a game. Kevin Fant has thrown for almost 300 yards a game. They have excellent running backs and outstanding skill people. They make a lot of big plays in games and I think they are a pretty good offensive football team. I think Morris Watts, who is an old friend of mine and a guy that I coached with has done an excellent job of helping their offense and they are good on offense. Defensively they have six freshman or sophomores starting out of 11 guys. They are young on defense and I am sure are going to make improvement as young players do as the season goes on."

"They are very good on special teams. They have good team speed and good return guys and some of those same guys are the skill players on offense. They will be challenging to us in all those areas. To me, I know it is not to you, but this game is really more important than last week's game because it is the game that we play this week but it is also a game that we play in our division. When you don't have success sin your division you don't get those games back. I think it is a real critical game for us as a team to be able to show some improvement and be able to compete at a high level on the road against what is a very explosive offensive team and a team that has potential to beat anybody."

3. Tigah Fan

Tigah Fan Founding Member

MSU gave the Ducks as a good a game as Michigan did. They are not the 2001 Hurricanes but not a team to be overlooked. I think we will beat them easily but we better not show up flat, this MSU team puts a lot of points on the board.