Saban offered 15 year $45 million contract?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jeffoxiam, Dec 10, 2003.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Wasnt he returning from that coaches thing up in New York? If he was at the airport, thats probably why.

2. HogCity Tiger

HogCity Tiger Founding Member

Whatever it takes to keep Coach Saban is the bottom line.
    That powers that be know this and now it's all about the benjamins. Everytime we've been to the brink of greatness we've been robbed (I'm still bitter about Bill Arnsbarger leaving lol)
    It's always something....

Coach Saban has it all at LSU.
    Good Money, plenty of Glory, a Big House to play in, the Best Fans and the Greatest Food in the world!
    When they bring the National Championship home to Baton Rouge he will be a Legend and guys&gals it doesn't get any better than that!
    Btw can we line up Nebraska, Florida State and Miami for next year?
    It's payback time baby!
    :helmet:

3. BillTiger

BillTiger Freshman

Excellent posts by NJTiger.

4. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

thanks

I appreciate the approval! Now let's just hope I'm right that Nick is with us for a while now! He is quite special and he makes me very proud of our university, our state, our team, and OUR COACHES!!

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah, so you mean to tell me, right in the middle of all these rumors...Right in the middle of the Tigers championship run...Nick Saban, in view of everyone, is going to show up at the Atlanta airport??? I don't say he wasn't there...I mean it is recruiting season, but if he was really there to talk to the falcons, would he just show up in front of everyone??

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A couple of years ago when Spurrier left Florida was trying to hire Bob Stoops away from OU. I heard OU came up with something that Florida couldn't offer him - Oil Leases.

7. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

Didn't Saban give everybody the week off? It would seem like a good time to make a few recruiting trips. I agree with you about him showing up in front of everyone though. That wouldn't happen if he were being interviewed by the Falcons. I'm sure Arthur Blank has at least a few private planes at his disposal. Anyway, if he was seen I'm sure it was for recruiting.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does Nick fly on commercial airlines for recruiting or does he have the use of some fat cat booster's private plane?

9. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

I seriously doubt that Saban would be selling his boys out 3 weeks before the title shot. Even if he wanted to entertain offers, I'm sure he'd have a little more respect for the "best character team" he's ever coached than to let the NFL jobs take away from his focus. I'm not buying it. Not yet.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

You guys are getting side tracked

45 mil for 15 years.

that puts nick at 68 years old still coaching.

not going to happen