Saban offered 15 year $45 million contract?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jeffoxiam, Dec 10, 2003.

1. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

I saw people talking about this on a saints board(gasp!!). Is there any truth to it?

2. donut2001

donut2001 Founding Member

I have no idea, but I hope they do!

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

15years? That's rediculous.

4. VanGeaux

VanGeaux Founding Member

I don't think that could be true. First of all, thats a big contract. If they had that in mind, it seems like they wouldn't have worked all the logistics out yet. Not to mention, 15 years is a long time to commit to a coach, and for a coach to a team.

5. Claw

Claw Founding Member

Shoot...I view Saban as the next Spurrier, so locking him up for 15 years would be a good thing...

6. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

They reported this on the news here in New Orleans tonight. That's probably why you saw it on a Saints board.

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

If true would be bigger than I thought they could ever put together. 3 mil a year? Gonna make plenty of other coaches very happy to see that kind of standard set.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It was reported on the local news that Skip wants to redo Saban's contract ... he first approached Saban's agent after the Florida loss. Saban, through Sexton, told Skip he wanted to wait until the season was over to discuss.

Skip stated he wanted to offer Saban a long term contract, but didn't mention any figures or number of years. Skip said LSU can't match the dollars from the NFL ... they are more interested in setting up a new contract that will take care of Saban when he retires.

While Skip didn't said it, it sounded like he believes Saban wants to be at LSU for many, many years ... and to get rid of the annual Saban to NFL rumors.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

After this year, the rumors of Saban going to the NFL will be pretty much over. If he doesnt jump this year, he WONT EVER! There are going to be too many openings especially at places he would be a prime candidate for. If this year passes and he doesnt make the make the move, you can park the SEC trophy and a few more MNC's in our back yard for years to come. WOW, we have a lot to look forward to people. Hang on for a GREAT BIG RIDE! :)

10. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Hopefully this will get done quickly as with Reeves firing today I am sure the Saban to Atlanta talk is going to get even louder.