Saban & Bama threads consolidated

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Probably moved it to "Recruiting forum" or it violated user agreement in regards to copyrighted material??

http://www.tigerforums.com/tftos.htm

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Copyrighted material from other websites must be handled properly. You can quote a small section of text as a teaser, but you can't cut and paste entire articles. Any quote must be cited as to its author and a link provided to the entire original article.

It protects Brett from legal hassles.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Wow.

OK, thanks.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We are discussing the actions of one man: Nick Saban. I say that he is a Quitter. I say that he takes the easy road, rather than the right path that might be more difficult. I say that any young man who might consider playing for Nick Saban should think about these questions.

Discussing mid-19th Century US history in this context adds nothing to the conversation. I don't really see any comparison between the recent events that I'm discussing, and the events that you refer to, which happened around 146 years ago.

Finally, I want to make this point clear: my intent is to demonstrate that my coach has more of the qualities that a Champion possesses than Bama's coach does. I want the recruits to know that Les Miles is a better man than Nick Saban. It takes certain qualities to be a Champion, and I strongly believe that Les Miles has more of those qualities than Nick Saban.

I'm not bashing Saban, but it is unfortunate for him that the truth hurts his reputation in this case. I'm not bashing Bama. If I were from Alabama, I would be the biggest Bama fan around. I'm not trying to fight with, irritate or disrespect Alabama's fans, and I certainly don't expect any of them to agree with my assessment of their new head coach.

All I'm trying to do is call 'em as I see 'em.

Nick Saban = QUITTER

The weaknesses within his own character would not allow him to fight it out in the NFL and risk failure . . . he had to run back to the safe, warm and familiar waters of the NCAA.

How can any young recruit trust him to fight through any kind of adversity in the future when everything about Nick Saban tells you that he is a Quitter and will Quit, rather than fight through adversity?

LSU! :crystal: :lsup:

5. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Where did I say you had no right to hate him?

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Skrayper, right here.

Your statement implies that we are wrong to hate the man who helped win our first national title in 50 years.

But if that man leaves us and goes to the pros, and dishonors himself by failing, quitting, and lying to the press, fans, players, coaches, and owner on the way out, he has truly dishonored himself, and may earn our hatred. Then if he goes back to college ranks to coach for an SEC West rival of ours, he certainly shows no regard for us, and we are justified in showing no regard for him.

2 people like this.
  7. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

It doesn't "imply" anything. It's a simple statement of truth.

1 person likes this.
  8. tiger63

tiger63 Founding Member

Skyraper,
    If you're gonna sit there and tell me that if the roles were reversed (either Bryant or Stallings had went to the pros and two years later came to LSU) that you and the rest of these pious bama fans would be fine with that, you're either disenguous at best or a hypocrite and a liar at worse!!

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Satan already losing coaches. :lol:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1169892115197260.xml&coll=2

The Browns have hired former Houston Texans assistant Steve Marshall as their offensive line coach, a source close to the situation said Friday night.

Marshall had recently been hired by Nick Saban to be offensive line coach at Alabama, but opted to return to the NFL, the source said. Browns General Manager Phil Savage, who was in Mobile, Ala., for today's Senior Bowl, could not be reached for comment.

10. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Re: Saban already running off his coaches.

I like the sound of your headline, but it may have been much more money that attracted the assistant coach to the Browns; not Saban running him away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.