Saban & Bama threads consolidated

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

$aban is going after Joe McKnight and Joe says he is now interested in bama. You guys better surround Joe's house and keep watch. Remenber there is a limit to the number of visits/ocontacts a kid can get from a school.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: $aban is After Joe McKnight

Come to Alabammy, boy.

3. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

Message boards for every major university I have scanned recently (Tex, ND, Tenn, etc.) list McKnight on their recruiting wish list, but with He Who Shall Not Be Named now at Bama it is a legit threat that he could head that way. What we don't know is if the list of who McKnight is interested in comes from Joe himself, or it was provided to the recruiting services by JT Curtis and truly represents McKnight's preferences. This does happen and we have experienced it in the past.

In any case, all the LSU staff can do is the best they can to convince him we are his best option. They can't control the other stuff.

4. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Im in agreement with everyone here that McKnight is on every forums recruit list. Words gets miscontrued rather easily. Especially when it concerns a major recruit. Plus some people will try to make a story out of nothing to be the center of attention. Im not saying with Saban being there that McKnight isnt interested. Recruiting is tough game to moniter though. No one thought LSU really had a shot at Barksdale, right? Just two weeks ago he was an OSU lock. Now he is a Tiger.

We are dealing with kids so they often get excited. So when interviewed right after being wowed, they will say one thing. Then after reflecting, will feel another. Im pretty confident LSU will land McKnight, I sure as hell hope so. I think our only real competition is USC. After hearing his story yesterday in the AA game I can see why he would want to get a fresh start far away from La in LA. No matter what he appears to be a real good kid who has had a hard life. So I wish him the best, even if he goes to an enemy like USC:bncry:. Not sure I could forgive him though if he sells his soul to the devil and plays for $aban.:mad:

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Me either.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Saban is gonna go after a lot of the same kids that Miles does. We had better get used to it now.

I gotta admit though, for the next three weeks I would love seeing every paper in Louisiana printing all the columns from all over the country that were bashing Saban and calling him every unflattering name they could think of. I want parents to be reminded.:grin:

7. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I said this before, but for the next few years Id play dirty. When recruiting after the same kids as $aban Id play exerpts of $aban saying how commited he is to LSU/Miami. How he is the coach for this team LSU/Miami and not interested in Miami/Bama. Playing exerpts in front a parent could help with their influence. You have to fight fire with fire. Hopefully the media keeps trashing him for us.

8. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Wait a second; OJ said he didn't do it and Nick said he won't be the coach at alabama. Maybe they can get together in the offseason to look for the real killers.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I would not take that too seriously. McKnight has always had USC and LSU as his top two, and I don't see him throwing in Bama on the spur of the moment just because Saban is there. Also, any top LA recruit who goes to Bama after what Saban has done will come under a lot of fire at home. His family will have to leave the state. Back in the 50s and 60s any LA recruit who went out-of-state got a lot of criticism. Of course things have changed since then, but Saban's defection to Bama will likely recreate that same kind of situation as far as Alabama is concerned. The vilification he has earned throughout Louisiana may make it very difficult for him to successfully recruit here - or in Florida for that matter. It will be interesting to see how he does in these two states.

10. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

All I can say in reponse to your posts above is that today's Huntsville quotes McKnight as saying with $aban gong to bama it makes him more interested. he said he wants to make a visit there. I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm just saying beware of Slick Nick creeping around in the dark of night. He is bad enough by himself but now he is King of the Evil Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.