Run for cover! The Sky is Falling!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Had to break the ranks of the minions. My apologies to the group. I love you, but I just couldn't fit with the crowd. Just not a crowd follower. Also, I'm having a lot of difficulty with the ever present dark skies that many seem to cherish on this board overall. I just don't understand the need to constantly mope or fuss about everything in this program. We didn't sign 30 five star players. Alabama finished ahead of us in recruiting when we were supposed to finish first. Our offensive coordinator won't get fired and he won't go. Miles sucks but he has such a grip on this program we are doomed to mediocrity in the football program for as long as there is grass in Tiger Stadium.

Take a break! You have a choice. You can choose to enjoy your life and Tiger Football. It's entertainment. So let it entertain you. We just signed a hell of a class. Are you seriously going to sit there and cry about who didn't come? Seriously! Be proud for all the kids who signed with major programs and get to further their dreams of playing football at the next level. Most of us don't get that chance. Be proud for those that are coming here. Are you really the kind of group that gets handed the keys to a new car and fusses because you didn't get the Mercedes? I just don't get the search for misery. Change directions. Head a different way. It's within you. It's possible. And it's thrilling!

Most of the time in life we don't get what we want. That's just life. So enjoy what you do have. Be thrilled to be alive and to have a great University to support. Be proud that you are part of Tiger Nation. You're going to wake up one day, look back and you just might wish you had done it a little differently.

2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Amen. Bitching and moaning has gotten far too fashionable around here.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't care if we finish 1st or 21st in recruiting. We needed LB and QB. How did we do?

Rouxleaux and LaSalleAve like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

Think of how bad things are gonna be if Kendall Beckwith gets hurt.

6. LaSalleAve

By the way, why is it that we constantly see people bitching about other people being negative? So the way you handle bitching is to bitch? Interesting premise.

I wish I could stand by Les, but I've been fooled too many times. I'm not falling into that trap again. I wish Les Miles was the greatest coach on earth. But I'll be damned if I get seduced by this Trojan horse again.

islstl, Richdog and Rouxleaux like this.
  7. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

What a great post Tiger420!
    Hey, I get mad and vent sometimes about my Tigers. But I cannot imagine being so negative for months. What entertainment value is that?

titoabad1 and northernvatiger like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The thing is is that it's not being negative. It's having the ability to see things for what they are. No one is hoping for failure.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Not really, I think it is a pretty common in the world in many ways. Many of us come here to this site to get a dose of Tiger love. Like Tiger420 said, we come because LSU Football is entertainment. So it does get old when other fans constantly want to remind us of what their version of 'reality' is.

A good analogy is that I am not a member of any political party. Thus, I can't stand to watch MSNBC or Fox News because the prevailing mood. But at least in politics the fanatics can/do get involved. On college football message boards, all people do is complain with no action. Or maybe the recruits are reading these boards and it does actually have an effect.

This board has always had a good mix of people. So I would continue to expect someone to raise a red flag on excessive pessimism or optimism. It is just the nature of internet boards.

islstl, ParadiseiNC, Tiger420 and 4 others like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

You really think that there are recruits that have read this board and decided to go somewhere else as a result?

If that was true they would go nowhere because every school has message boards and fans who are dissatisfied, or negative. At least they know the fans are passionate and expect a winner.

The state of affairs at LSU reminds me of a bad marriage. The honeymoon is over and the only way to fix it is either intervention or divorce. Either Les Miles changes his ways, or Les Miles takes his ass on down the road. Status quo ain't gonna work anymore, and as long as Les keeps doing what he is doing there is a giant sect of LSU fans that are going to express their disdain.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Richdog likes this.