Repealing the First Amendment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

she didnt tell them to suspend, she asked them to "consider" it. they didnt do it. they are free to do whatever they want.

twitter should suspend trump if they want. he has no right to post on their site.

the solution is a distributed network like mastodan but owned by no specific entity

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We will see what Trump creates to compete.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i hope he does, and i hope it makes a lot of money.

we have nothing to worry about

4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

It is what it is.

5. APPTiger

They will win unless they are in the 9th District

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i predicted this perfectly, as i think this is exactly what trump is doing, running a mastodan instance

mancha likes this.
  7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I swear it looks like some of you have never taken a Civics class. The First Amendment is a restriction against GOVERNMENT, not against private businesses. I'm late to the thread, but I hope some others have set you straight by now. NO, banning a dangerous unAmerican asswipe from their sites is NOT illegal.

seabrookcajun and Winston1 like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Speaking of "dangerous un-American asswipes".

9. APPTiger

Then using your argument, the government has no authority to regulate private business at all. So they are free to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason? Also, these tech monopolies have become more like public utilities only they don't have the same rules. And yes, I've had several civics classes. Think we had one in each level of school, elementary, jr hi and high. You do know they quit teaching civics in schools about 20 years ago right? Know why? It's so un-American Asswipes can govern us and we won't be able to tell if what they are doing is legal, ethical. moral or in line with the constitution or the basic tenants of Judeo-Christian Society that built this shit.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

My argument is the actual Constitution.

Now, don't get me wrong... those private companies are prevented by law from discriminating on the basis of race, gender, or sexual orientation. Asswipe is not a protected class, so Twitter and Facebook are entirely within their rights to ban that loser.

If you're SO missing trump's tweets and Facebook posts, why don't you follow him on his social media network? The high comedy has already started there... the first post was a pig defecating. LOL. Anyway, be sure you don't break the site's most prominent rule: don't annoy or disparage the producers or administrators of the site because you're going to be banned. No, I'm not making this stuff up.

APPTiger likes this.