Repealing the First Amendment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jan 11, 2021.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. You can google it.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

So nothing, huh?

OH, and I thought you were ignoring me? Were you lying about that too?

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Ashley StClair
    @stclairashley

Google banned Parler Apple removed Parler from their store Amazon removed Parler from it’s web hosting service And every Democrat is OK with this because they’re “private companies” If that’s the case, small business owners: OPEN UP SHOP & NEVER close for the government again
    10:46 AM · Jan 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
    i wonder what my blue friends think of this?...

shane0911 likes this.
  4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Your last post proved the point. Most of the DEMS want to change not eliminate it because they have big tech in their back pocket, just like the media. Totalitarianism, suppression, elimination of the opposing political party all for the good of the single party left.
    I will say this, you are just trolling or your are being (a) useful, idiot.

We have anti-trust laws in this country for a reason. This is an example of one of those reasons.

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. Tiger in NC

I have no problem with small business owners opening up shop. Here's the thing: if there is a shutdown and everyone is staying home you would have to take a long, serious look at whether it is financially feasible and/or responsible to open up and eat all the overhead that goes with being open if there is not enough demand for your products. During the first shutdown, I was allowed to open up if I wanted but everyone was staying home and I couldn't see paying someone to sit there, keep the lights on, etc. just to be open. I tried it for a week or so and quickly determined that it was a losing proposition. I realize this is only my experience so I cannot say this is true for everyone. I don't know too many small business owners who are willing to lose money for the sake of making a political point. If so, they likely won't be for long. All of this said, do you remember the case of the baker vs. the gay couple that made it's way to the Supreme Court? SCOTUS ruled for the baker because it was a private business. This is no different.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Tiger in NC

Trump wants to eliminate them because he cannot stand opposing view points. He hates anyone who go against him. Hell, the mob last week were chanting "hang Mike Pence" for God's sake. What did Pence do? Follow the constitution like he was supposed to. Trump's actions are the very definition of suppression and totalitarianism.

7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Hilarious, well at least you're consistent. And you just confirmed the troll theory. No one could possibly be that stupid. And since you are just trolling, I don't need to respond to anything else you say. BTW- Trump doesn't want to eliminate them, he wants to eliminate their special protections. You know, the ones Democrats gave them so they could use them illegally against opposing viewpoints

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

LOL...that's rich but not surprising.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Wouldn't matter if he did. He could slap you in the face with the most unimpeachable evidence ever known to man and you'd still spin it in a pathetic attempt to discredit it.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

He alleged that the government was somehow responsible for Trump being banned from the Social Media sites and I called him on it and asked for proof. I did so because there is absolutely no evidence of the US government requiring those companies to ban him. Hell, it's still Trump's government. You guys honestly think that he is censoring himself? LOL. These are private companies who have the right to do whatever they want with their platforms. I understand that you don't like it but those are private companies and that your boy has been silenced on social media, but he's the President of the United States for God's sake. He could walk into the WH briefing room and have a national audience any time he wants. Why hasn't he done that?