Repealing the First Amendment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Jan 11, 2021.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I posted this on the other thread .... THIS is what truly threatens those with opposing thoughts ...
    UPDATE: LAWLESS US -- Supreme Court REFUSES to Consider GOP Post-Election Fraud Cases Before Biden Inauguration (thegatewaypundit.com)

The Body that is SUPPOSED to protect the Constitution will not listen to grievances. There can be no justice if the justice branch of the government won't hear cases.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

United as what? Mindless obedient automatons? That's exactly the kind of united that the radical left and big tech want us to be. You can have it.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Really not sure what your point is, but I was merely pointing out what is, what has been lost, and a willingness to have that back. Not sure if you got that or not.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

A politician, or private citizen for that matter, asking a private company to ban an individual is only that....a request. It is, in no way, the government limiting free speech. What does the First Amendment say? Let me help you...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Under threat of regulations. Why do you lie so much. It is all documented....

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Tiger in NC

I suppose you have proof of this threat? In fact, it's been Trump who has been trying to do away with section 230 that protects social media from lawsuits over things just like this.

Jmg likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are such a troll. Both Dems and GOP want to axe 230 and you cant even admit it...

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Anyway, the more the cartel of big tech acts like this, the more they will incentivize violence.

APPTiger likes this.
  9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I know it's only Jan 11th, but that post will probably win Understatement of the Year!!!

10. Tiger in NC

Do you have proof of the threat you mentioned? You ignored that question. Trump dislikes section 230 because he believes that they discriminate against conservatives and wants to get rid of it altogether. Dems want to reform it, not repeal it. Big difference.