Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Mar 27, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm ready to buy a gun; my wife says she will never be comfortable with a gun in the house. She rightly points out I have never owned one and (wrongly) says I'm overstating the need. Thoughts?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would suggest a 12 gauge shotgun for your house and at least a 9mm pistol for your vehicle. And for God's sake learn to shoot it. Is there a range nearby where you can practice?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I have a number of rifles and shot guns in the house. You can buy a trigger lock and an ammo case and put a lock on it as well. Only I know where the keys are as the wife and kids are not trained. Total time for me to get keys and arm the gun is about 20-30 seconds. I have dogs to so they are keen on home invasion noises. However, I didn't buy the shotguns/rifles for those purposes.

I have young kids so the guns will always be locked. If it was just me and the wife, I would 100% have a loaded handgun in the nightstand if I lived in the city. Though I don't and out in the sticks. Just evaluate your worst case scenario.

I never really was into hand guns, but I just purchased one to keep in my truck. Ain't fucking around with mobs.

Winston1, HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Give her this scenario;

It's 1am in the morning and 3 big armed thugs are trying to break through you window or break down your door. Ask her if you have enough time to first call the cops which takes at least 2 minutes of course that's even if you have time to get to the phone. Then ask her if there is enough time to wait for the cops to arrive before they break the door down and do no telling what to you both which is 8 minutes if you are very very lucky. Ask her how quickly a window can be broken into. A window can be breached in less than 30 sec. Now ask her how quickly a locked door can be kicked in. A locked door can be kicked in most time with one good kick or 3 at most which takes less than a minute. Ask her if she has at very best 10 minutes to wait for help after making the call and waiting but chances are it would be at least 15 to 20 minutes before she will be either beaten or killed.

Ask her if she would perfer to prevent the break in or become another death the cops have to find who did it.

5. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Get a Browning Buck Mark pistol and take her shooting. It's light and easy to handle, not much recoil. Get some scoring targets and make a game up. When she gets comfortable with that, go get a 9mm for you and give her the Browning. I like 12 gauge shot guns too. You can hunt with it if it ever comes up.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have a bunch of weapons, mostly WWII rifles, but I've got pistols too. and some semi-automatic rifles as well. For years my pistols were in their cases, but for the last year or so, I have had a revolver (Taurus Judge, with .410 shot - which is my "fishing, anti-snake" gun) in my bedside table. I have no kids and none visit, or that might not be the case. Most of my pistols are 9mm. I have places identified in both the living room (middle of house) and kitchen (back of house) where I would position pistols if I felt I needed to.

A shotgun is fine for protection. I recommend a pump action. That pump sound is unmistakable, and should do the trick on its own in most cases. Please do not purchase a high powered/semi automatic rifle for home defense.

Can't emphasize the benefits of range time enough. Good Luck.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I have rifles and shotguns, a 38 that I won’t shoot unless an emergency because some dumbass put a 357 mag shell in it and cracked the saddle, .... and then my pride and joy, an 1859 replica New Military colt 45. ... like the one Clint Eastwood used in Pale Rider. I’ve never shot it, I just like playing with it. The barrel reload mechanism is just too damn cool. But, it can shoot live 45 lead shorts, ... if I ever need to use it. (Provided I don’t blow my foot off ... it ain’t the safest gun, no safety or any of that stuff.

BAY0U BENGAL and APPTiger like this.
  8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The only safety you need is you...

onceanlsufan likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If this shit in the streets come to peoples neighborhoods and homes where I live it will be............

RepentantDeafeningBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

6,000 rounds a minute will leave the bad guys wishing you had an AR-15.