Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Jan 13, 2007.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

He is the total opposite of T.O. In the post-game press conference, when asked about the fumble late in the game, Bush said no matter if the pitch was too high, " I should have made the play ". This is a superstar rookie taking ownership on a mistake made in the game. He didn't blame the QB or the O-line, he took the blame. I hope T.O. was watching cause that's what you call being a team player. If that would have been T.O., he would have blamed everyone in the stadium. I gained even more respect for Bush after his press conference tonight. Just think, he's still learning. That's scary for the rest of the NFL.

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Just like Payton says....they want the RIGHT players...not the BEST players...

3. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I loved his reply to what he was thinking after that big hit at the beginning of the game. "I was thinking I can't breathe!" He did admit that was the hardest he had ever been hit. And he came back and played a decent game. I think all the pre-draft worries about his toughness is now put to rest.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bush is such the team player. You really can have a franchise player that doesn't carry the extra baggage that other great players typically do.

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I give a tone of credit to Payton and his offseason moves. I read an article that said Payton and his staff looked for players with great character and not necesarily the best talent.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Reggie Bush has benefitted tremendously by sharing time with Deuce, he hasn't ever had to have the feeling that the whole team/season are on his shoulders. I'm afraid if a team like Houston would have drafted him he would have been simply thrown into the fire and would not have developed the way he did over this season. He still has some learning to do but he is in a very good situation to reach his full potential. Ditto for whats said above about the way he handles himself.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was impressed with his determination to get back up after that hit too. That was as nasty as I've seen (Looked like Landry on Tuitana and Parker!)but he showed a lot of heart and that rallies your team.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

T.O. wasn't watching because T.O. wasn't on TV. He was probably watching himself in the mirror.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I think the splitting time has also helped keep him from hitting the "freshman wall." Rookies usually fade away late in the season because they are not used to the long season, not to mentioned the extra playoff games. This will also help to prolong Deuce's career.