Question. What are reasonable gun laws

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

another mass shooting today in california. this one also an old asian guy! how weird is that? suddenlhy old asian guys are on shooting rampage? fuckin weird

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What's better is how many mealy mouth leftys rushes to judgement and blamed it on white supremacy

3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

reasonable gun laws? Think I've said this before, best gun law would punish the violators. Use a gun in a robbery- 10 years minimum, no early release or parole. Possession by a felon should be automatic prison time. We have gone way too soft on crime, way to hard on the police and these woike DA's and Judges need to wake up or leave.

HalloweenRun, mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

i'd like to see the pharmaceutical cocktail of all these shooters, from school shooters to everyone else.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

@Jmg what do you make of the recent shootings by Chinese men in CA? You seem to have this Asian thing figured out so I'm interested in your opinion on what motivated them

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you correctly assumed i thought about/researched this, but unfortunately i cant come up with anything.

one of the guys had a vietnamese name, but i researched it appears he did immigrated from china, born in vietnam.

at first i thought it possible the chinese govt is forcing these guys to do this (they threaten familes back in china until the chinaman in america does their bidding) so that the US is perceived as gun crazy and dangerous. one of their primary talking points is that the US is racist and violent. but i dont see how this would feed their narrative? i dont understand it. doesnt it ruin their narrative if the killer is himself a chingchongo? i am very confused

both of these guys had credible non-conspiracy reasons to shoot, workplace violence in one case and domestic dispute in the other.

initially i thought there were 3 consectutive asian mass shooting, but i was wrong on that. its 2, in consecutive days. there was another mass shooting in cali the next day but it was black folk i think. that of course means it vanished from the news in an instant.

i think its possible the chinese have forced these guys to kill, by telling them they will dismember their families back in china, but i doubt it. i think we have a faily odd coincidence here. a very very odd coincidence. old people never do this, and asians never do it. and old asians NEVER do this. but now they did, two on a weekend. its weird. i dont get it.

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

the odds of the first happening was exceedingly rare. The 2nd probably had a significant copycat factor.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

We're already far beyond "reasonable" and this day and age. I'm with Shane; it's not the government's business what people have. Government wants to know why I need an AR (which btw I don't own)?? Because fuck you, mind your business, that's why.

As far as the OP, that post lost me on the third sentence. Sorry Winston, that's nonsense about the ammo.

So scanning through the thread I see the old "make it illegal for criminals to own them" argument. The argument that a law will somehow deter a violent criminal, who incidentally has absolutely no respect for the law, is imbecile at best. They will find a gun if they want one, and it is business as normal.. Wait!! Lets make killing people illegal.. Well it is, but not just illegal, that's not enough deterrent.. lets make it REALLY REALLY REALLY super-duper-illegal!! That should scare them out of that criminal life they lead.

So, what is reasonable? Seems to me back when they taught kids in school about firearms things were pretty ok, or teaching them at home is effective... At 5 years old I could shoot a pistol and a rifle... very well, at that. Still can but my sight isn't as good as it used to be.. At that age I could also break them down and reassemble them. I also knew there was 1) no such thing as an unloaded gun, 2) never put your booger hooks in the trigger guard unless you are ready to fire, 3) don't fire or even point it at anything you don't want destroyed, 4) and be certain of what's behind your target before firing. I'm not saying teach them all at 5, but I believe that responsible gun ownership or at the least operation, should be taught thoroughly at a young age. Unfortunately it doesn't happen in the home, and the schools (government) will never allow it to happen again. The kids remain ignorant on the subject and either a) grow up to be ignorant adults, or b) never come to understand that shooting people has consequences..

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

This country is broken.

This past week hits closer to my home. Frisco Fair gets shut down by the city because of guns shots last week. Today Allen Outlet Mall a shooter kills people. Everybody’s kids and parents shop there. Are they gonna shut down the Mall? Nobody has an answer for the weekly mass shootings that are happening these days. People don’t care about their people enough to notice they are acting strange and step in to stop these actions. We are gonna wait for the govt to do something about it but people don’t want the govt to do something about.

unfixable.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It’s cultural really. The more we push to be degenerate assholes the more this will happen.

In short, stay armed. Live life.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    shane0911 likes this.