Please tell me this isn't true?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I heard a most scandalous rumor that I hope can be discounted by others. The rumor is that the Superdome will not allow negroes into their facility for shelter from the hurricane. Please, PLEASE! tell me this isn't true! For all of the potential property damage and other incoveniences caused by major storms, one of the highlights is always the negroes fighting to get out of the Dome 24 hours after the storm has passed. The mere thought of this comedy being taken away from viewers is very disheartening. Negroes partying in the Superdome during a hurricane and then getting angry afterwards is as strong a New Orleans tradition as Mardi Gras! Please say this rumor ain't so!

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

This sounds like a win-win situation for you, Mr. Wonderful. Either you get to watch the show like you want to, or the rumor is true and you can rally behind these poor peoples' loss of civil liberties and the right to steal and vandalize, and you can sue the government on their behalf.;)

3. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

Mr. Wonderful!!!!!

Would you feel the same way if you had a plush Uptown home? I think not!!!! You might as well leave it unlocked.

4. Mr. Wonderful

I'll make ONE exception to the Contitutional mandate...

...that all fruits of the poisionous tree (J. Adams) be suppressed (J. Madison) and excluded (B. Franklin) from all trials. Yes, the Consitution clearly mandates in various sections our unquestioned right to privacy. And, therefore the use of videotape should always be excluded and suppressed. However, in the case of the "negroes in the Superdome during a hurricane", I will make an exception. The comedy effect outweighs all Constitutional issues. That should be videotaped and sold in the comedy section of all video stores.

5. Mr. Wonderful

Tiger Saint: I'm Old School

I've explained my affectionate and strict use of the word negro in outher forums, but will repeat since I know you were not privy to my past explanation. I'm old school: in the fine tradition of the Revered Martin Luther King Junior and Thurgood Marshall, check their speeches, you'll see that negro was the preferred term by those great Americans. I long for the soul of the ol' "negro spirituals" as opposed to the "nigga' rap" of today. Compare if you will the accomplishments of the old school (self-described) negroes such as Mr. Marshall and Mr. Luther King Junior to the silly Afro-Americans of today such as Roy Nagin and Revered Jesse Jackson Junior.
    As far as the comical prior Superdome sitcom, it produced probably the funniest and most quoted line in the annals of American comedy. The negress pressing her face against the locked Superdome door and yelling "MARC MORIAL!!! YOU BETTA' LET ME OUT!". To get the full affect as if the words aren't enough to send you into hysterics, at the time this was shouted, the storm had passed 12 hours earlier, it was sunny and clear outside and thousands of sweaty negroes were banging on the doors! LOL Morial's response was something to the effect that it would be dangerous to let out that many negroes to roam the streets at any one time. It was truly a classic moment in American comedy.