Peterson and Mathieu Interview (ESPN)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Aug 8, 2013.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Did anybody see this?
    It was pretty good. They talked about Peterson getting Mathieu to live with his parents. Which I think was great to get Mathieu away from his crowd and so he could help get him focused on making changes and getting his career underway.

I hope Mathieu doesn't throw this away as he becomes more and more comfortable in the NFL and secure in his position and lapses into some sort of self-destructive behavior.

Great Job Peterson and Keep it up Mathieu. Looking forward to seeing you both succeed.

Pintoracer likes this.
  2. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

+1. Good post!

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

PP continues to impress even after his LSU days. Very much a fan of his. He was, and still is, a great Tiger. Only if we could say the same about Jamarcus, LOL.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, but remember, Jamarcus was a Saban recruit.

PP is all Miles...

MLUTiger and 1BIGTIGER like this.
  5. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

Plus he is from Alabama so the true colors came out.

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Yeah I like PP a lot. I didn't know what to think of him at first when he came to LSU. I kept thinking he was going to be some douche egomaniac with his name change and all. I didn't really know why he did that. But he was a class act and didn't act like a punk on the field when he made good plays.

It did seem that PP looked a little smaller than Mathieu in the interview. I believe he is taller than Mathieu but PP looked thinner than Mathieu. Of course all you could see was shoulders. Class act and I hope all of that rubs off on Mathieu.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not sure what or why you were questioning where PP's head was at when he first came to LSU.

He was a very humble kid with the very best work ethics (worked out at 6 AM every morning with his dad on drills and conditioning while in High School). It is why he excelled as a true freshman at LSU.

His name change was a personal choice to honor his dad, whose name is Patrick Peterson as well.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Larry Fitzgerald, quoted in SI this week: He's (Matthieu) gotten a bad rap. Once you get to know him, and find out how into football he really is, it will change the way you look at him."

9. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

Sorry LF he earned that bad rap by not putting down the weed and letting his teammates down. Hope all of that has changed but he will have to earn his new reputation.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

This I didn't know. Thanks for telling me that. I never heard this and didn't know his dad was Peterson.
    But I liked his on the field behavior and his off the behavior from the start. The name change just through me off when he came in. Never knew why.