Peetz named as new OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Jan 6, 2021.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Not sad. Looking forward to seeing how this young coach has the want. I like the energy and how a younger coach will better relate to the players. He's a Tiger now, embrace.

3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

It will be interesting to read both Tap’s and KiKi’s take on the hires. Oeaux stated on “Off the Bench” that he wanted to return to the Brady offense of 2019, that we had regressed last year. You all know KikI’s position in the E/Brady debate. And you know how anti Oeaux Tap is. He has stated several times that we would revert to our boring predicable offense of past years. Well, I can’t think of a bigger commitment to return to the 2019 offense.

Bayou Tiger, shane0911, Brian and 3 others like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The dichotemy of their viewpoints is amazing in that they are both simultaneously contradictory and illogical. Save yourself the grief and ignore both along with their altars.

Teacher says everytime someone puts them on ignore, a little part of their soul dies.

Rolan, Bengal B, shane0911 and 3 others like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like hiring a young guy instead of a retread. O is supposed to bring the frizzled veteran vibe to balance the bright young minds he brings in.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Me too, though I don't really know what to think about Peetz. I do think Mangas deserves a lot of credit for Burrow's development, though.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If you didn’t get a chance to see this in the other thread I’ll repost. Talks about learning Joe Brady’s system.

Guy seems sharp and like a good dude.

lsu-i-like and MobileBengal like this.
  8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I like it....Good Job O!

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well Oddball guess you haven't been keeping up with that wascally wabbit Kiki lately. I posted yesterday or the day before I had to eat a little crow on Brady after reading O's interview about Brady and E. O gave lots of praise to Brady but if you read the entire article and didn't cherry pick it to Brady's favor you would see O praises the hell out of E too. My position on this new guy is this; O was smart enough to hire Brady and smart enough to see something in Joe Burrow that Ohio State, Nebraska (still puzzled on that one) and the rest of the power five teams couldn't see and bring him to LSU where he led us to a NC and won the Heisman. My point is if O likes him than I will back the guy till he fails. Now with that said unlike some here I won't form an opinion on this guy before he calls a single play at LSU or 2 games into the season as I have seen some do here with other coaches. Sorry if broke whatever sterotype you had me bro.

BTW you were great in Kelly's Heroes

PS; Forgot to mention what will be interesting for me is to see who the Brady Bunch gives credit to if this guy is good or if he is bad. They have a delima. Since Brady is their offensive football God do they credit Brady for Peetz's success and more interestingly do they blame Brady if Peetz fails. Already stocking up on popcorn to watch this unfold next year.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Bayou Tiger likes this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Fair enough. I will withhold my opinion until the 5th game (SEC opener). The 1st game UCLA on the road should be a challenge, The 3 after that. .... If we lose one if these then the fallout will be worse than the loss to Troy.