Patrick Johnson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by uscvball, Oct 26, 2007.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This will likely need to be merged but I just wasn't sure what thread was the right place...............so mod me.

Anyway, with the talk of Patrick Johnson potentially looking at LSU, I wanted to share these comments from someone who watched him at the USC Rising Seniors Camp this summer. I couldn't have put it into words any better. I still think he stays a Cane but regardless, anyone who gets him is fortunate.

"Patrick Johnson is a DEFINING player. He has everything you want in a football player, and especially a Corner.. Physically, he is stunning in his athleticism. I mean he made some plays at the Rising Seniors camp that were mind blowing. He is FIERCE, and I mean FIERCE when it comes to competition. He is as natural a leader as I have been around. At the camp, during the Trojan ball segment, he TOOK OVER. He took over his team, and he took over the games. His teammates had never met him,most of them anyway, but they just naturally gravitated to him. There was NEVER a question of who was the leader of that side."

2. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Damn. That's pretty impressive. In the fickle world of recruiting, that makes him shoot up over TJ Bryant.

3. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

How awesome would it be if this was our secondary next year?

CB - Jai Eugene
    FS - Danny McCray
    SS - Chad Jones
    CB - Patrick Johnson

And guys like Phelon Jones, Chris Hawkins, Harry Coleman as backups.

Johnson looks like he's got everything you'd want in a CB... would love to have him. Hopefully he makes it out to Tiger Stadium for Arkansas to see another great LSU crowd.

But yeah, seems like he's probably going to be a Hurricane, but just looking around to be sure before making his decision.

4. ghost_tiger

ghost_tiger Founding Member

Patrick Johnson is not coming to LSU.

He is a Cane.

he is just taking trips and enjoying himself before he signs with Miami

5. ghost_tiger

ghost_tiger Founding Member

considering he was probably 14 or 15 years old when that happened I'm pretty sure that game has no bearing on his decision. But don't take my word for it. Just wait until signing day.

besides if you want to compare games in the past, I'm pretty sure Miami has a few that stand out.

I think LSU probably shouldn't waste their time on this kid. There are others out there that are actually on the fence.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

PJ is a kid like many others in the Florida area who spent their childhood watching the magic that used to be Miami. He has always wanted to be a Cane and frankly despite their poor record, Randy Shannon is a great recruiter and the kids seem to really like him.

He'll be making a visit to USC for the ucla game but I have no illusions about him changing his mind. Why not take all your trips? I would.

7. jgordey3

jgordey3 Founding Member

pj has already was @ LSU for the auburn game and there is a sstory about it on scout but i don't subscribe so I don't know what it is about if one of ya'll does please share what it says

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I disagree. Aside from the wins/loses, he's changed the attitude and has brought a renewed sense of pride to the program. Have you heard of any Miami brawls this year? No news is a good thing, in those regards.

He's 5-3 (2-2 in conf) and last year's team was 7-6 (3-5 in conf) but I wouldn't use the record as a determination to this point- it'll take a couple of years to get back on track.

Last year he landed one 5, seven 4 and eight 3 star players for a #19 class, after a terrible year for the Canes. To date, he's assembled a class consisting of two 5, eight 4 and six 3 star players- sitting at #7 and looking to add some more.

Randy Shannon is getting it done, imo.

2 people like this.
  9. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

He is getting it done imo also. Makes me want to slit my wrists but he is getting it done! <vomitting>

1 person likes this.
  10. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

The most important thing is the Discipline in order. They were really making it hard to watch a UM game, with all the fights. I think he's at least gotten UM headed in the right path. He made not win more than 8 games, but he has the team in order now.

1 person likes this.