outdoors from MS update

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Jan 4, 2023.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Wow! Pretty awesome. Hopefully you got it framed.

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

one more......

Attached Files:

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I had a terrible deer season. The landowners clear-cut about 60 acres. Bedding that surrounded a swampy area near the river. And thinned out more bedding. Should be good Next year when that clear cut grows back, but it pushed a lot of the deer to the neighbors.

4. jvalhenson

It’ll get even better if they didn’t spray it. I love growed up clear cuts. If they sprayed it you might be in for a long wait.

5. BAY0U BENGAL

I don’t think they sprayed it, but I don’t know. Maybe next year or the year after, I’ll put a tripod right in the middle of it

6. jvalhenson

If you are allowed once you figure out where to put a stand you need to prep it for the future. The first few years you’ll be able to see and shoot all over it from a high vantage point but as it grows of course that goes away. Start early and establish some wide lanes in several directions from the stand site. Keep them cut never let them get grown over and it’s easy to maintain. Maybe even plant them if you want. Try to run them the length of the clear cut at least to what you can see so anything traveling though has to walk through them. They will use them as travel routes anyways following path of least resistance. You might be shocked at the deer you see using a growed up cutover. I kill a lot of good bucks walking them and kicking them out of their beds shooting them on the jump.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

I won’t be able to do any renovations. It’s why this past season was so tough to hunt.