Official LSU vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The silver lining is - as Dachsie put it - LSU has two more games to play. Texas A&M's season is 100% over.

I think LSU bought into the hype that we were actually playoff worthy when maybe what we should have concentrated on was earning a Sugar Bowl berth.

Unfortunately, Bama will pass us in the rankings because the playoff committee has a hard on for all things Saban and this gives them an excuse to revert back into their comfort zone. Yes, we didn't play good enough to win last night and they did...I get that.

The problem with Bama getting ranked higher is that Bama will likely go to the Sugar Bowl now as the highest rated SEC team NOT in the playoffs, even though we beat them and we will at least be SEC Champion "runner up" (assuming we lose to UGA in the SEC CG next week). There is some level of injustice in that - we freaking beat them on the field and we won the SEC West division - Bama did not.

2. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

No. We played like crap several games. We didn’t lose to a team with a losing record but lost to a team that lost to a team with a losing record. Which is worse? Did y’all run out of time or just play like crap? Be a sphincter and get treated like a hemorrhoid.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you forgot to imply I was jewish…..

eta: was a shitty response I gave you. apologies, as I’m still all in my feels over the game and my interpretation of your response. I’ve been reading the “sec west was strangely odd” narrative from bama fans elsewhere, implying that LSU got lucky… again (the way I read it with my p&g glasses on)

so…
    unexplainable is my response for the poor showing by the tigers last night. it was a complete organizational failure, from game planning to adjustments, from dropped passes and poor tackling…

this is the agony/triumph of sports…

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well we are taking our "shitshow" to Atlanta. 12 other SEC teams are not, yeah a real "shitshow" at LSU. I can't believe we hired such a shitty coach when we had great coaches like Napier 60 miles away and Dave Aranda if we wanted him. Both are legendary coaches Woodard really screwed up. Yeah what a "shitshow".

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    Winston1 and Pjoe like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And if A & M could have scored on you from the two yard line at the end of your game, they'd have beaten you for the second year in a row.

They didn't, and you can crow about it now...

And to think that I was at a sports bar in Texas yelling, "Roll Tide," because I hate the Aggies THAT much.

XXL TideFan, Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Alabama has better losses, they lost by a combined 4 points in a down year for them. We shit the bed multiple games.

TigerFan90 likes this.
  9. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

Bama can have the Sugar Bowl. We have a shot to beat the #1 team and defending National Champions and be SEC Champs on top of that. That'll make LSU #1 in the eyes of the fans with a bunch of asterisks of course.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Our tackling was especially disappointing to me. We let an injured RB run over us like S Alexander and DMac once did.

shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.