OC clearly not ready, not sure QB we need on roster

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 14, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think it goes without saying that Peetz is in over his head. His play-calling was questionable, at best. Arkansas is a solid team, but we should have won by two touchdowns at home. As for the QB play, I'm not convinced that either Max or Nuss is the future, but a lot of that could be coaching and play calling. Nuss is a great athlete, but he's Bo Nix 2.0. Personally, I favor Max simply because he doesn't take as many chances. Nuss' two interceptions were horrible, especially the one in the end zone! IMO, I think both are backups. I'm really hoping Howard is everything he is being built up to be and not another Kardell Thomas!

Hou-duco likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think there's a very good chance the new coach, whoever he is, will actively recruit the transfer portal for a veteran QB. The OC/PGC coordinators will also be very crucial. Max is by no means a lost cause, and Nussmeier obviously needs more coaching. We are in trouble if Howard, having never taken a college snap, is our best option on Sept 1, 2022.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

QBs are young; don’t give up on em. Honestly, OU QB wasn’t that impressive either. I’m still on the MJ train, the Nuss train, the Howard train, etc

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I haven't given up on any of them. Just pointing out that all are in development. I'm more comfortable with Max than most in here, I think, but I also think he's been grossly misused this year. Nuss has a long way to go, and Howard, despite his vast potential, will be a babe in the woods coming in. For a quick turnaround, the transfer portal may be our best bet. If not, Max represents our best bet to win next year, but the incoming coaches have to build to his strengths.

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Brennan!

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sometimes you need a refresh with some new scenery. i get it. i wish the kid success.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

With new staff, good staff, MJ should be sufficient. Seems like keeping Brennan at this point might be a lost cause.

8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Let the new HC decide that. Do you really want to risk going thru a new season before discovering that neither Max nor Nuss are sufficient. The only option then is throwing W Howard into the fire.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Unless we see significant play by the OL I don't care who the QB is. We're in deep shit.

CagedTiger likes this.
  10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I like Max too, but he seems to have gone backwards. Of course, that could be because a number of factors, such as an OC that is in over his head and an OL that hasn't shown much consistency. Nuss reminds me of Nix too much. Every time he throws the ball you have to hold your breathe to see how it turns out. When it works, it's exciting, but when the throws interceptions - like the one in the end zone - you just want to scream. Hopefully, with a new HC and staff coming, we will see big changes for the better next season.

lsu-i-like likes this.