Not really Tiger related but...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by furduknfish, Sep 28, 2022.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Prayers for the folks in Florida riding out Ian.

kcal, APPTiger, mctiger and 1 other person like this.
  2. furduknfish

I just read Disneyworld closed midday. WTELF are they thinking?

3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Thanks, fortunate so far where I live. Worst of it coming in now and for the next 4-5 hours. Still got power....
    Funny/strange my daughter in laws sister lives in Ormond Beach on the other coast and they lost power 3-4 hours ago.
    Ft. Myers and environs got hammered. Had 10-12 feet of water on land in the beach area. Those beautiful barrier islands of Sanibel Captiva, Cabbage key, Caya Costa, Pine have to be destroyed.
    There is a you tube channel called Severe Productions. Check it out if you can. They had 8-9 live stream cameras set up all over that area and the footage is amazing. Maybe they will show some replays. Weather Channel gets a lot of footage from them.
    #Beat Auburn (please)

4. furduknfish

Had no idea you were in Florida. You and fam stay safe.

APPTiger, 65Grad and shane0911 like this.
  5. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

We were lucky here. The storm went south and east of its predicted track. Probably going to lose my peach and banana trees and got some serious yard work to do. Lost power five times and it came back on five times. Longest outage about 30 minutes. Our area has damage and about half the area still without power but we were fortunate here.

An hour south is torn up. An hour and half south is pretty much obliterated.
    There is loss of life and loss of property on a scale I've never seen. Rescue and assessment response so far has been stellar. We keep getting better at it but this one is different. People are stuck in areas that are still inaccessible as road and bridges just aren't there anymore. Coast Guard, National Guard People are out in full force. As always a lot of the work is neighbor helping neighbor and there are a lot using jet skis for rescue work.
    And yes, too many idiots stayed behind. Video link below for footage. But a lot that wound up in danger had no idea their area would face what it did. Places that don't flood are flooded.
    BEAT Auburn

furduknfish and kcal like this.
  6. furduknfish

When it started to stall, I got real worried. People dont understand the sheer amt of rain these storms drop beyond just the storm surge that hits coast. Glad yall OK.

APPTiger and kcal like this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I've experienced some huge hurricanes, so I feel for all you guys. I was out of power for two weeks during one of them and you quickly start to appreciate a lot of things you took for granted. And I learned to stop making fun of people who have window units because they were sitting in a nice room with AC with their little generator, while the rest of us were dripping with sweat out in the humid, 100-degree plus weather. Praying for everyone affected by this hurricane!

Chipeace and APPTiger like this.