Name Image Likeness Free Car New problems

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tony the tiger, Dec 21, 2021.

1. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Freshman

Is there any way to monitor the NIL programs in college sports? It seems to me that this opens the entire system to pay for play for the four and five star players and will completely ignore the lesser athletes that really make up the core of college programs. When the NIL is coupled with the transfer portal, the entire NCAA college football system will be corrupt in a matter of a few years.
    It seems to me that both of these programs were designed to avoid the antitrust aspect of using these players to make millions for the schools and the coaches while avoiding paying the players.
    Even I can see dozens of ways players, boosters, businesses and the schools can scam the programs to strengthen their teams. I imagine that the bottom line was that is exactly why the programs were developed.
    As usual, the NCAA only made their problems worse.

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The reality is college football has been corrupt for many years and the NCAA has known it, but decided to look the other way, much the same as baseball did with steroids! The top players have always received money/benefits, but now the money and benefits are much larger and open to the public! The NCAA has no one to blame, except themselves! NIL was going to happen, regardless of what the NCAA said. Players were tired of seeing coaches cashing in on these huge contracts, while the players, who are the product fans pay to see, sat quietly on the sidelines. Players were watching universities make enormous amounts of money on their jersey numbers and other items. Can you imagine how much money Florida, Alabama and Tennessee made off of Tebow, Tua or Manning jersey sales, not to mention everything else with their number of it? The NCAA also made a big mistake by not putting in guidelines in place to somewhat control the madness. Any attempt by the NCAA to control NIL now would result in major lawsuits that would side with the players because they are the product and deserve to profit off their name, if they can! College football really has nothing to do with college and hasn't for many years! It's about big business and winning at all cost! It's all about college football free agency and the players are in total control!

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

The NCAA better get this NIL crap under control.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. tony the tiger

tony the tiger Freshman

Texas AM will decide the fate of NIL his coming season. After buying all those 5 stars into the program with the donor money, if they do not win the SEC and the NATTY, the return on investment will dry up.
    You can bet the head coach of AM will find a way to lose. It is in his DNA.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Too late, I've already made it to the top of that mountain. You're welcome to stand out there with me though.