Max to A&M makes no sense at all!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 17, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I thought the idea of the transfer portal was to go to a place where you could get more playing time, but maybe he's getting paid a lot of money to roam the sidelines. From a fan's perspective, I would think Aggie fans want to see one of the two 5-star guys leading the team, not a QB that struggled on a 6-6 team.

2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Interestingly, Aggie fans dislike Calzada. They think the other young kid who started the season but got hurt is better. TAMU wanted Max for his brother and for some “veteran” depth. The rumors about TAMU are that they have boosters paying enormous NIL money, which would make sense as to how they signed an absolutely unbelievable class despite living in mediocrity for decades. I think Jimbo sold Max on his ability to beat out the younger guys for 2 years and head off to the pros with pockets stacked and Max was not thinking rationally. He’s undoubtedly far worse off at TAMU than he was here. I predict he will never be their starter but for an injury.

Hou-duco and Herb like this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I've also heard about the ridiculous money some boosters are shelling out, but the good news is as long as Jimbo is their coach, it doesn't matter how much talent they have. IMO, Jimbo is the most overrated coach in college football and is only good for one thing - ensuring his teams remain mediocre. The reality is LSU will probably have some of those players on its roster in the next couple of years when they hit the portal after getting tired of being in the bottom of the SEC West.

furduknfish likes this.
  4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Hope Max enjoys riding the pine in College Station. Not too bright.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it’s an arms race and hopefully lsu can be competitive soon…

here’s the good news: fix the OL, get some real depth (checked the boxes so far this recruiting cycle)

the best thing for LSU is this portal year: you now have Pohlian (sp) and Kelly evaluating and extending offers. I think they’ve offered 2 more transfer OL and a DL…

finally, who would you rather have evaluating the roster and filling it?

we’re in good hands I think: stability is coming….

6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think we're in good hands too! If we can ever elevate our OL play, we could be in the hunt for a NC almost yearly!

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Promise you, pops is leveraging lilbro for playtime for MJ. He will likely start for the first paycheckU game and be yanked after struggling againt conf sched.

Buddy of mine likened it perfectly to Lavar Ball child sports mgmt.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Unless Max has a Burrow-like spike in development, he is at best a journeyman NFL backup and at worst a high school football coach. This move was nothing about PT and all about earning some money a little earlier than anticipated, because he's not going to hit the big NFL payday.

TCUTiger likes this.
  9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Message for Max. Dude, you may never see the field again! All the best. You certainly downgraded in coaching.

TCUTiger likes this.
  10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I wonder how much his Dad influenced his on the field performance?