Max Johnson enters transfer portal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I think there are more that don't care where they play than ones who want to play for LSU. It may be a sign of the times. Things just ain't what they used to be. Hopefully Kelly is the coach we hope he is and can turn things around in a couple of seasons. Lock down the talent in state and bring in some key pieces from outside that wanna be in Baton Rouge. I don't think expectations should be very high next fall. LSU needs for "football players" on its roster and less spoiled wanna be prima donnas. It may take more time to change the culture than we hope.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

We will still be more talented than almost everyone else we play. Only Alabama and A&M will be more talented than us. MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, Auburn, and Florida round out the bottom of the recruiting rankings this year, in that order. I'd put the O/U at 8.5 wins, probably.

I am concerned that we are now down to one scholarship QB, though. Maybe there is a transfer in the works.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

His Momma did NOT name him that! There is no way in hell his Momma named him that and you cannot make me believe it.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Decoldest Jaun Crawford

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

My guess it was ‘cards on the table’ time . Mad Max got the ‘we’d love you to stay but this spring positions are completely OPEN’ message. Adios

tigerace likes this.
  6. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Or Kelly had a talk with Dad that went something like, "I'm going to need you to STFU, go sit in a corner, mind your own business, and we will coach up your kid and play him if he can help the team."

furduknfish likes this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#cometojesus

tigerace likes this.
  8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

The NCAA needs to fix this portal business it is ruining college football in its current form.

Add in NIL cheating and you got something that will destroy the game. It is now legalized cheating.

College players are now a bunch of whores with stinky twats . The game is suffering

BornOnTheBayou and Winston1 like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Illegal aint nothin but a sick bird.

10. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Transfer portal and NIL are here to stay.

As far as ruining college football, if you think it's right that the schools make hundreds of millions of dollars and the players can't even make use of their own likeness and image, then yeah, it's ruining the game as it was.

Personally, I think it's downright unAmerican to not be able to profit off of your own name and likeness so I'm OK with it. We are watching the NFL minor leagues. We always have been. Notions of student-athletes don't exist anymore if they ever did.