Mass Shooting in California

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 8, 2018.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Looks like dirt bag was a Marine... Tough pill to swallow....

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think mental case trumps marine. Yet another sad situation.

3. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/california-shooting-intl/index.html
    • "He used a handgun. Dean said that officials found a Glock .45-caliber handgun at the scene. The weapon usually holds 10 rounds and one in the chamber, but the gunman used an extended magazine in this shooting, Dean said."
    -Depends on the module of the Glock... fulls sized Glock 21 and 41 is 13 rounds, the small size compact and subcompact Glock 30 and 36 are 10 and 9 rounds. I do believe you can interchange the mags and there is a 26 round mag that would fit most of these from a third party manufacturer.

-This can be true as mags holding over 10 rounds are illegal in Commiefornia! /sarc
    • "There were six off-duty officers from various agencies inside the Borderline Bar & Grill at the time of the shooting, Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean said. Dean said a mother recalled that the officers stood in front of her daughter to protect her."
    -Did any have a pistol on them and shoot back?

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I can't call him a dirtbag. He had psychological issues, a recent history requiring the police at his home, was the victim of a prior assault at a different bar.....and he was a Marine with PTSD. I don't know how many times I've said it here. Our country is filled with living ghosts who have served in too many deployments in useless wars and are not getting the help they need when they come back and are expected to "be normal".

I think about the parents who are waiting to hear about their child and have used their phone locator app only to find out that the phone is still pinging inside the club. Great app but at this moment, is that really what they want? I can't fathom.

I don't know this bar but I know Wednesdays are college night and they were there to line dance. Is there a more promising time in life than college? It's up there. A horrible situation.

LaSalleAve and HalloweenRun like this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I thought off duty cops carried....

HalloweenRun and watson1880 like this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Sorry on this we disagree..mental issues or not...

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I have heard audio but I don't know near enough to distinguish anything. I do know the Sheriff who died heard gunshots before entering the bar. A CHP officer followed, discharged his weapon, left the club, then returned to remove the Sheriff who was down and likely already dead.

It sounds like from the patrons inside that the majority of activity by patrons was to assist others to get out through a window. One patron said that had the shooter not been so slow to re-load, more might have been killed.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I may get there, I don't know. I need more information.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll go along with dirtbag. There are lots of vets with mental issues that don't choose to randomly kill people.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

True. But we all don't experience trauma the same way. I know people who have had similar experiences to what I have who went on to drugs, alcohol, suicide. I didn't. I can't judge them.

What is pissing me off at the moment is in watching local coverage, whether it's the Sheriff PIO or victim's family members, there are foreign press members asking the dumbest most inappropriate comments. Does anyone really think it's the time or the right person to ask about violence in America as opposed to other parts of the world, or about gun laws in America? Some dumb bitch who I believe is from the PI asked a victim's dad how he felt about the shooter and about gun rights. My god....his son is still laying inside the club, dead, and she thinks those are appropriate questions? Shit like that is why I don't give a fuck when Donald rips the media.

CalcoTiger, Bengal B and watson1880 like this.