Lsu's Reggie Robinson To Miss 2001 Season With Injury

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MLUTiger, Aug 9, 2001.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

BATON ROUGE - LSU flanker Reggie Robinson will miss the 2001 season after being diagnosed with a herniated disc in his neck unrelated to contact training, coach Nick Saban announced on Thursday.

Robinson, a senior from Shreveport, underwent an MRI two weeks ago and the test revealed a large herniated disc with spinal cord compression in the upper cervical spine. After spending the last two weeks undergoing unsuccessful treatment, Robinson has elected to have surgery. LSU team neurosurgeon Dr. Fraser Landreneau will perform the surgery. "We are very disappointed for Reggie and his family," Saban said. "He has worked very hard for the upcoming season and his contribution as a player and a leader will certainly be missed. It will be our goal to support Reggie in every way in his attempt to return to our team in the future."

Robinson, who has not had a redshirt season, will be able to train during the off season and is expected to return to the squad next year.

Last year, Robinson started all 12 games for the Tigers and he ranked second on the team with 31 receptions for 391 yards and two touchdowns, including an 80-yard TD against Western Carolina. For his career, Robinson has played in 30 games with 19 starts and he's caught 77 passes for 1,061 yards and six touchdowns.

2. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

Who can replace him?

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Two words ... Michael Clayton :D

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

We do have the WRs this year. Between Clayton and Josh Reed we'll be OK.

It is tough losing Reggie though. I just watched my tape of the Peach Bowl and I had forgotten just how good he was.