LSU vs Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Oct 26, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So as going over the stats today, on D b/c I have given up on O, I noticed LSU is still the #1 D in the SEC after that last game some how.

LSU has given up 1025 rush yards thus far to Bamas 907.

I am sure Bama players and their fans would feel very confident about their rush attack in two weeks.

I am more inclined to believe that this game will be even closer than the AUB game, if you even consider it close.

A pure rushing attack, like Bama's, is something LSU can deal with. They wont have to worry about a 250lb QB dropping back to pass, but also looking to run.

I also think that after this AUB game, our D, particularly Sheppard, will be very displeased with their performance.

Not much to go off of, but I think this is a HUGE game for LSU. We either step up and turn this season into a respectable season, or we end up tanking after this game.

LSU has every chance in the world to win, just as they did last week. Time for this team to come together.

LSU!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The only thing they do similar to Auburn is when they line up Ingram in the wildcat. I am very comfortable with our defense against this offense, if we play aggressive.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Bamas defense is much more sound than Auburns. It could get very ugly if we can't move the ball. Bama will stack the box and force the throw down field. Our defense should keep the score down on their side, but our offense might put points on the board for them too.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree Bama does not pose the same problems for our defense. We should play solidly.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Alabamas offensive line is not as good as Auburns. They have not been near as productive this year running the ball. We match up with Alabama much better. Mcelroy is a minimal threat to run and if he does he will get pulverized. Our DB's can handle their receivers.

Their defense is better than Aubs though and thats still a challenge for us. They are better run stoppers with better linebackers. JJ isnt going to gash them for 8 yards a pop. It all boils down to how much we can score. We put up 21-24 and I think we win.

6. LaSalleAve

if we can have a special teams outing like we did this past saturday, and pin them deep and play the field position game, that would be a huge advantage for us. Remember a few years ago when Bama and Tennessee played and the final score was 6-3, think it was 05, look for a game like that.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If our offense only musters 3 or 6 points then GC shouldn't be allowed to partake in the bus ride back home.

8. LaSalleAve

you know what's funny, that was one of the best games i have ever watched. i was glued to the television. Only the Southeastern Conference could pull something like that off.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

That's odd, no one has mentioned the Tennessee game. How did our offense look?

10. LaSalleAve

your offense is obviously better than ours. but don't expect us to be :eek: because you ended up hanging 41 on Tennessee. I would have been more shocked if LSU would have hung 41 on Tennessee. I fully expect this one to be a very low scoring, defensive effort.